Tuesday, 13 October 2009

The dark side

So I've been playing. Its been too long since I had my inks and masks out, so I have had a play tonight and combined a couple of challenges:
Passion for Promarkers - sketch
Papertake Weekly Challenge - the Dark Side
I coloured the image in using promarkers and then made my background. The panels are made using BG paper and shimmery lime green ribbon. I coloured some mulberry flowers and added lime green brads and a witches hat charm. The bracket replaces the text and was coloured using lime green promarker.

How I made the paper:
On my craft mat I mixed weathered wood and dusty concorde distress inks and covered the cardstock with it. I placed the masks and then used dusty concorde, weathered wood and black soot to distress the cardstock. Before removing the masks I spritzed it all using blue frost glimmer mist as I wanted to creat a moon shimmer.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Gorguss girl
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: Basic Grey eerie
Embellishments: flowers, ribbon and chipboard bracket from stash

13 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, what a fab card. The image is gorgeous and coloured beautifully. The background is stunning and the colour scheme is lush. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

cheryl said...

this is great the image is gogoues too beautifully colured a a brill background love cheryl xxxx

CraftyC said...

Lovely card cathy, great colours!
Clairexx

Caryn said...

Ooh, you captured the dark side alright!! Fabulous card Cathy. Thanks for joinin gus at PFP this week.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card Cathy. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Sharon Caudle said...

Fantastic card, Cathy!! I LOVE the way you did the paper! thanks for joining us at PTW! hugs!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card. Donna x

Ali Watson said...

This is fab Cathy, so cute. i have that charm too love it. I just keep looking at it though lol.

Wiccababe said...

auper card Cathy
thanks for joining us this week on PfP and good luck
Debbi
xx

Victoria said...

fab card Cathy - I love reading about how you made the paper, sounds like great fun

Victoria
x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Cathy, love the image so cute! thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) I love this image and the way you did the background is fab :-) I love playing with inks too ,, fun eh :-) The mask you used is fab and the embellies are perfect ! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Lovely card Cathy, the backround is fab I love it, perfect for Halloween. Thanks for playing along at Passion for Promarkers.

Hugs

Sarah