I'm back on the 'use a sketch to make a Christmas card ... and make 2' plan!! I have combined the WOJ challenge with the Passion for Promarker colour theme, and CCT candy corn theme (there are marshmallows!!) for this. Its the first time I have used promarkers for Henry - not sure about the mouse colouring. I should be an expert at identifying mouse colours - I clear up enough dead ones, thanks to the cat!!


I promarkered Henry and used my deckled nesties to cut him and the mat out. I have used the same dp for both, just swapped the cardstock and ribbon around. The ribbon is tied rather than use my ribbon punch (it needs a hammer and I made them when the girls were in bed last night, so a definite no no to the hammer!!). I have kept it a bit simple, just using a couple of white snowflake brads. The sentiment was a freebie.
I have realised that I have yet to post the stocking card I made for the Winter Wonderland challenge - sleep deprivation is really taking a toll on the brain cells!!!
Anyway here it is.

Such a cutie image and I coloured it in distress inks and added fluffy stuff. Again a ssimple layout and the paper is the same - something about it being around I think LOL!!
I'm not sure how much crafting I am gonig to get done over the next few days - its half term and I am working, Dave's at home and got lots of plans for days out with the children ...he's just a big kid himself LOL!!
Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Henry with hot chocolate
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: DCWV
Embellishments: snowflake brads and ribbon from stash
20 comments:
Hi Cathy, what a fab idea to make 2 cards every time you use a sketch! Love the cute WOJ image and your colouring is fab. Great papers and love the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
Aaaaawwww Cathy what gorjusly cute cards. Absolutely wonderful.
Love Karen x
such cute cards, and a great idea
thanks for joining in this week at pfp and good luck
Debbi
xx
Such fabulous cards Cathy. Love the images you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x
these are both lovely and I think the shading on Henry looks great, I have to admit I usually use Copics for browns as don't have a good enough selection of PMs
Victoria
x
Both dead cute cards Cathy! Vince is frit of mice so you'll have to be mouse colour expert hun LOL - your colouring is fab and great idea for using sketches. Brilliant job. Hugs, Squirrel xx
beautiful cards, love th eimages used they are fab. hope you enjoy what you can of halfterm, not called as I know how busy with work you are.
Sorry I have not visited your blog for a week, first the birth of my neice and then I came down with stupid sinusitus and now are on a strong dose of anti biotics to try and shift it, so sorry for a flying visit.
hugs Vicky x
ps have added to my candy if you are interested x
Fabulous cards Cathy :-) I love the idea of making 2 cards with every sketch ! Most of the time is taken up with measuring and cutting ,,, :-) The images and papers are fabulous as always ! :-)
Luv
Lols x x x
These are fabulous Cathy!
Lovely Christmas cards Cathy, such festive papers and Henry mouse is brilliantly coloured...hope you have a lovely weekend :) Donna x
Henry looks pretty Darn cute Cathy, both lovely cards
Clairex
Three gorgeous cards Cathy - Henry looks so cosy with his hot chocolate and the mouse in stocking is adorable!
Pauline x
love this cute image your coluring is fab and love those papers love cheryl xxxx
Fab cards Cathy!
Hope you manage to enjoy half-term! :0)
Helen x
Oh my goodness!! What a set of really adorable creations hun!! I so love the images! The papers and the sketches for each one really rock!! HUGS
These are really cute Loveeeeeeeee Henry! hes great! and the mouse card is sooo cute too! :0)
Beautiful cards!!! I love the papers that you have used!!!
Hugs
Giò
A gorgeous 'stocking' card Cathy! I love the image .... he's so cute! Beautiful papers too!
Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Teri xx
Beautiful cards and fabulous papers. Thanks for joining in with the Winter Wonderland challenge.
Lynda xxx
two adorable cards, I love them both! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x
Post a Comment