Sunday, 25 October 2009

Christmas cards

The girls went to a party down the road yesterday, and we didn't have to stay (yippee) so I got some crafting done, and another couple of Christmas cards :). I decided to spend the time playing, so my craft room sparkles with embossing powder and glimmer mist!!

Both cards fit the One Stop Craft Celebration challenge and Winter Wonderland's open theme.

I made this card using the sketch from friday sketcher and Colour Create's white theme.
I heat embossed 4 layers of silver embossing powder and then stamped the inked up image into the hot powder. I embossed the layers using Swiss dots and snowflakes CB folders and distressed the edges. I added some white ribbon and a bow (twice as I managed to bleed on the first lot arrrgghh!!). When the ink was dry I added the image and tag sentiment. Finally some pearls to finish it off.
I am really pleased with the effect ... I feel a few more of these in the making!!

The second card using the sketch from Just Magnolia and the Magnolia down under theme, distressing.
I created the background paper using distress inks, glimmer mists and Tattered Angels winter crystals masks. It doesn't show in the photo but the background really does shimmer. The cardstock is run through the snowflakes embossing folder and sanded and distressed. I watercoloured Tilda and distressed her and the mat. I added ribbons, punched snowflakes and the sentiment tag.

My fingers are still slightly blue LOL!!

The girls are at my parents until tomorrow so we are off out for Sunday lunch - haven't done that since November 2004 LBE!!! (LBE = life before Ellie LOL!! ) And then I am going to do some more crafting - got a couple of winter wedding cards to make.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): santa collage; Tilda with sledge; freebie sentiment tag
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: cardstock
Embellishments: punched snowflakes, pearls and ribbon from stash

20 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Cathy great cards as always. I love the father christmas he really stands out of that white card (check out colour create he may fit there challenge too). Thanks for joining in the fun at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Pascale

Teri said...

Cathy .... I love your Christmas card! The image is one of my absolute favourites and how you've used it is just perfect :o)

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

Anonymous said...

Both look great and elegant

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy! Really like the textures on the first one!
Hope you enjoy your lunch! ;0)
Helen x

Sue said...

Cathy, love how you colored Tilda, all bundled up and pulling her sled, so nice. Beautiful cards both. Thanks for joining the MDUC this time and hope to see you back next time.

Steph said...

Beautiful card! I really love what you've done with the embossing x

Anne said...

I have to confess I'm a huge fan of White cards, specially Christmas ones, so your first has to be my favourite, but then I'm a big Magnolia fan too and I love this stamp! Gorgeous cards Cathy! :o) x

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful cards, Cathy!

Lynda said...

Two very beautiful cards Cathy.

Lynda xxx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous, I love your colours you have used too.
Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
Kristy

Joey said...

Hi Cathy

gorgeous cards!!! I love that santa stamp and you have used him in such a fab way. Thanks for joining us over at WW.

Joey.xxx

Unknown said...

Two beautiful cards. I love the distressing look! Thanks for participating in the MDU distressing challenge and good luck!
Alicia xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Hi Cathy, love both of your beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at MDUC and hope to see you next time.
Hugs Jodie

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy!! WOW! These are some really brillaint Christmas creations my friend!! TSF!! HUGS

dolcreations said...

I am loving both of these cards! Your Christmas card is just gorgeous! Beautiful job! Love the white!
Christine

Tracey Feeger said...

What a great xmas card. Love the colour combo on the MDUC card. Thanks for joining us again this challenge.
mwah
Trace

Debbie Pamment said...

I love this Tilda - and she looks fabulous here in these colours! Such a gorgeous Christmas card.
Thanx for playing again at MDUC
xXx

stephanne said...

These are gorgeous, how fantastic to get a little bit of free time to craft and the end result is wonderful!! Thanks for playing with us at MDUC, hope you'll join us again next time!!
Stephanne

Norma said...

Cathy, love you Tilda card. I love this image. Wonderful colours for your card and beautifully coloured. Great take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining us at MDUC.

Norma

Tab said...

Gorgeous card, hun, love your take on the sweet and the image is adorable!
Hugs Tab xxx