Monday, 12 October 2009

A couple of sketches ... and several parties!!

What a day ...I haven't been working during the day as Beth is under the weather again and we have been back to the doctors ... again. Now she needs urine and blood tests as they are not sure what is going on - great!!! Doing the urine test won't be too bad, but they are talking about sending her to hospital for the blood test and she is very aware of the hospital having had a few visits there.
Anyway it has meant that I have been able to make a card and get two I made last night uploaded!
I'm not sure what was going on when Ellie and Beth were born ... but lots of their friends are celebrating birthdays in the next 6 weeks!!! So far we have 9 party invites ... so that 9 cards, 9 presents!! I thought I would get started on the first two, one on Thursday and one on Sunday so I am not rushed at the last minute LOL!!
This is for a little girl called Molly who both Ellie and Beth have been at pre-school with. She is very into pink (and ponies, but not going there LOL!!) and candles!
I used the Sunday Sketch and Stamp for the layout.
I adore these Tina Wenke Critters (available from Secret Crafter) and have coloured this cutie in using distress inks and stickles. Its a bit pink isn't it - hopefully the yellow tones it down a bit! The dp are Making Memories.

This card is for Madison and she is very girly so this is PINK!! I followed the Friday Sketcher sketch for this one, and used DCWV Nursery Stack.
Again another Tina Wenke Critter image and its been watercoloured and stickled. As the papers are rather busy I didn't put any flowers on it.

Finally after a day and half this morning I decided to get creative with the Stamp with Fun sketch, and as I love the colours, another go at Stampin for the Weekend.
I watercoloured Tilda and distressed the image using antique linen, dried marigold and vintage photo. I stamped the swirl stamp down the edges using sepia ink. I stamped the design papers using the same stamp. The papers are patterned, just very delicately (MME Everyday Tango). I distressed both the papers and cardstock and inked the edges. To add a bit of texture I used natural raffia (Bunny Zoe's shop) and added flowers that I spritzed with walnut gold glimmer mist. The bracket is coloured using vintage photo ink and then spritzed with walnut gold glimmer mist ... here it is close up ...
Its come out really well, but not the colour I expected!!!
I have used the colours and a sketch so I am entering this into the Roses on Paper challenge, and don't forget they do have a DT call at the moment.


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOly cow lady..you've been so very busy!! These are ALL just adorable!! I just love them!! TFS !HUGS

Crafting Diva said...

Wow super cards you have been very busy they are just lovely love you Tilda card!!!!

Ali Watson said...

Pink!!! Woohoo fabulous creatons as always Cathy. Hope the wee one is ok sending you all hugs.

Lori said...

These are all just super cute. Love all the images you used. These girls are going to LOVE their cards.

Karen said...

WOW ! You have been a busy bee Cathy. All the cards arestunning and that Halloween bag is fantastic.
Your a very talented lady.

Love Karen x

Victoria said...

all three are gorgeous Cathy. The birthday cards are so cute.

Hope the tests aren't too scarey for her

hugs
Victoria
x

Arianne said...

What a great cards!

Thanks for playing along with us at SS&S!

Hugs, Arianne
SS&S team

cheryl said...

wow yo have been busy hun these are all aforable great images and beutiful colours and detail too love cheryl xx

Squirrel x said...

Wow, haven't you been busy Cathy! Fabulous cards hun, particularly love the first one, that mouse is so sweet. 9 parties huh? That's 9 pieces of cake! LOL! Hugs, Squirrel xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what wonderful cards, they're all fab.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Great cards Cathy! I really don't know how you manage it in so little time! :0)

Uma said...

beautiful creations, the TIna Wenke are lovely coloured in and great distressing on the Tilda

Penni said...

Lovely card. I like Tilda, she really suits this colour combo.

Thanks for joining us at SFTW this week, Good Luck!

Hugs
Penni
X

Pauline C said...

Beautiful cards Cathy - the Tina Wennke stamps are really adorable and I love the pinkness of them lol!
Pauline x

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the cute images on the first two...and the swirls on your Tilda card are gorgeous!
Helen x

crafty amy said...

Wow that is a lot of parties and I hope Beth feels better very soon :(
As for your cards they are all beautiful! The Tilda one is perfect and the colours are just right for our challenge.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

SemSee said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Sunday Sketch & Stamp! Hugs, Sem x (SS&S DT)

Barbara said...

All of these cards are wonderful! Such cute images and great color choices. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

Barb, DT