Monday, 1 July 2013

Visible image Monthly Challenge - Inspired by a song

Its a new month and so a new challenge over the at  Visible Image blog.  The theme this month is Inspired by a Song - remember you don't have to use a Visible image stamp, but you must use some form of rubber stamp, no digis please.

Visible Image Blog Badge, Blinkie

I chose Wherever I Lay My Hat by Paul Young.

I struggled and struggled to get a clear photo but the acetate just would not behave!!!!  I used the House of Zandra  Alter me top hat   and cut it out using black cardstock.  Inside the box I stamped the wings from the Time after Time set using versamark and then embossed them using gold frantage.  I stamped the large pocket watch from the Time after Time set and frantaged it before cutting it out.  The cameo was pink to start with, and I simply poured gold alcohol ink over it and rubbed it into the cranies.  I also alcohol inked the angel so he looked aged.  I sprinkled frantage around the box and melted it before adding the cameo over than angel wings and the key.   I coloured Edgar in using my copics and cut him out.  I assembled the hat, putting acetate over the window and then added the webbing and ribbon, before popping Edgar on.  I die cut and frantaged the gears and cogs and added them, some flowers and a hat pin.  I fastened a key fob through one of the cogs and added an old penny and the little watch charm to it before added the cog and flowers.


For more inspiration don't forget to check out the Visible Image's facebook page.

Supplies:
Sentiment:
Colouring medium: copics
Papers:

Challenges:
Make it Monday
The Crazy challenge - anything but a card
Creative Creations - Shaped cards
Cupcake Craft - anything but square
Sweet Stampin - Not cute
Addicted to stamps - lovely lace
Stampin for the weekend - anything goes
Come and get it - masculine
Dream Valley - make your own embellishments
Joanna Sheen- don't be square

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' with your lovely card. Debbiex

Judy McKay said...

Great project. Lovely design. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week.

Anonymous said...

A brilliant creation, love the shape...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Helen x

Wendy said...

This is great Cathy! Of course the VI character is smashing too :) Saw this on MIM xx

loz said...

Fantastic shape card Cathy. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Joey said...

Cathy this looks amazing, fab! popped over from mim. Joey x

Mei said...

Oh wow! This is fabulous! Love the steampunk theme! Thanks for joining us this week at the Crazy Challenge!

Mei
CCH DT
Love to Create DT
Creative Card Crew DT
Anyone for Anya DT

Unknown said...

Wow! This is amazing Cathy! :))
Lizy xx

Jenn Bedient said...

Fabulous creation! Love your design and image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. Hope you have a great day!

- Jenn DT
Crafted My Fancy

Kjersti said...

What a gorgoeus project Cathy! Thanks for joining the Gorgeous Lace challenge at ATSC!
Hugs Kjersti:)

Meighan Wheller said...

Wow! What a project Cathy. Fabulous so much to look at! Lovely work. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Come and Get It this week. We hope to see you again soon. Meighan

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh my gosh Cathy, that's fabulous!!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin' x

Liza said...

Lovely work and a great card shape. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation. Thanks for joining Joanne Sheen challenge. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x