Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Visible Image DT post

 Today I am showing you something a little bit different usingstamps from the Time After Time set from Visible Image Stamps.


Visible Image Blog Badge, Blinkie
I used the stamps to decorate a paper mache mask and wing ...
 Having painted the mask using gold acrylic paint, I used the crackled and gears stamps from the Time After Time set to add detail to the mask.  
I added charms attached to key chains and lots of frantage ...

Stamping onto uneven surfaces is quite easy if you are using unmounted stamps, and the great thing about these Visible Image stamps is not only are they made of polymer, but they are also clear so you can see exactly what you are doing.  As they are quite thick etched stamps they easily stamp up when bent and plied with so you can really play around with them. They also have the advantage of being quite tacky so they stick well to your fingers!!

I inked up the stamp with it on my fingers ...
 Then simply placed it where I wanted it to be and rolled it across and eased the stamp round the curves on the mask.
I repeated this all over the mask - and applied different amonts of pressure so I got partial stamping, and sometimes stamped again before adding more ink so I had a shadow or ghost effect.


 And for more inspiration don't forget to check out the Visible Image's facebook page, and the Visible Image blog where we have a monthly challenge.  This month's theme is ...

Supplies:
Image: Visible Image Time After Time set
Sentiment:

Challenges:
The Crazy challenge - anything but a card 
Cupcake Craft - anything but square
Sweet Stampin - Not cute
Joanna Sheen- don't be square
Come and get it - masculine
Bearly Mine - anything goes
Fab n funky - anything but square

No comments: