Wednesday, 4 July 2012

The Craft Garden, a play and WOYWW


I am so late posting my card for this month's Craft Garden challenge, got me months muddled up!!!  We have a photo inspiration for you ...

So here is my project taken from this month's inspiration photo ...

I went for the shapes (the rosette flower) and the colours.  Pansies also remind me of the freshness of spring and early summer, so with that in mind I used TH's spring and summer distress inks for the background (but not the pink LOL!!)  I stamped over the inked background the TH stamp using eggplant ink, before using 2 TH background stamps stamped in Tattered Angels glimmer mists to create the shimmery splattery (think rain!!) background.  I also stamped over the TH butterflies with the same sprays and stamps.  I stained my ribbon using the inks and added some pearls to the butterflies and tag.

And here is my desk mid creation - everything covered do those glimmer mists don't get everywhere!!!
 And another tag I made using the same techniques, just in browns and reds.  I tried stamping out the butterflies in glimmer mist down the side - hubby thinks it looks like some one has bled over it - he is so helpful at times!!!!
 So for the first time in months I am joining back in with Julia's weekly hop across the desks of blogland - my mojo has been seriously missing until recently, but it is fab getting back into the swing of creating and playing!

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - tag or ATC
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes
DutchDare Card Challenge - flutterby butterfly  
Simon Says Stamp and Show - spritz, spray or stencil

24 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow Cathy these are stunning!Such great techniques and I love all of the colours that you used :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

These tags are beautiful!! Love them have a great week trace x 52

okienurse said...

Awesome tag! Love the coloring. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a great week. Vickie #36

Neil said...

Hi there. Nice to pop in and see your creative world this week. I won't stay long; don't want to give you my cold! Hope you have a good creative week though. Great tags!
Neil # 33

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful tags Cathy.
luv
Debby

KatzElbows said...

what gorgeous tags. Using the same techniques but in different colours really lets you see how different colour schemes give you a totally different feel.

Thanks for sharing,
rachel #53

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Your tags look great and lovely!

greetings, Alie :-)

Joynana said...

Loving those tags and the techniques. #17

MrsC.x said...

tags are gorgeous
TFS Happy WOYWW xx Charlie.xx #72

Dan said...

Great tags! I love all the extra detail on the first tag but I'm a sucker for autumnal colours so the second one is my favourite :) Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Angie said...

Fantastic tags ...inspiring.#10

Glenda said...

Such wonderful color and great techniques. I love the finished tags, they are gorgeous. I have signed up to follow your blog. I love what you are doing here!
Glenda 100

Lucille K said...

Your tags are so beautiful, just love them!

Monica said...

lovely tags. Avoid seeking hubby's opinion men should just be happy we have a hobby and are not wanting to play golf.

Becky said...

Stunning tags. Thank you for joining in the CBN challenge.
Becky x

Kay Hammock said...

Hi Cathy,

Oh, I love those tags!!! Very cool.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay #27

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous tags Cathy :-) I especially like the first one,, my fave colours :-)
Glad you got your mojo back :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Shoshi said...

Absolutely beautiful tags, Cathy - love the butterflies. What is it about hubbies... mine says things like that too. Totally deflating, isn't it. Half the time I don't even show him what I'm doing because I can't make up my mind which is worse - his naff comments, or his forced pretending he likes it!!!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #25

Kristen said...

This tag is beautiful, love the color choices and design.

xo, Kristina
Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
Come by and see me sometime!
www.pearlgateway.com

cheiron said...

Just gorgeous! Love the soft colors of your tag and those butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

cheiron said...

Just gorgeous! Love the soft colors of your tag and those butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

cheiron said...

Just gorgeous! Love the soft colors of your tag and those butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

cheiron said...

Just gorgeous! Love the soft colors of your tag and those butterflies. Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Kate Yetter said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the purple and your background.