OK so these are my fingers after my little crafting session last night ...and my spraying clothes ...
So what was I doing???
Well I have this heavy canvas bag ... been holding all my luceting stuff, but its also the perfect size for my i-pad ... so I thought I'd tart it up and make a bag for my i-pad.
I decided to use Color washes as the base and then glimmer and glam over them once its dry ... so the spraying commenced ... was only going to use cranberry and stream ... but then twilight purple screamed at me .. and it needed a spalsh of green ...
Think I might ... just might have gone a little mad!! So I have hung it over the corner of a radiator to dry and washed the cloths and my hands are now clean ... just waiting to see what the bag lloks like dry .. hopefully a little lighter than it does now LOL!!!

43 comments:
Love getting my hands dirty....and it's always dirty! I feel like a kid!
I can't stay long. I could have told you those color washes are killers. I still have green hands from last week, and I've washed a thousand times (more or less). Happy WOYWW. I'm #9 this week.
Your bag is looking pretty good already... so I am sure dry it will be gorgeous!! Annette #11
Oooohhhh! Love the way that the bag looks! It is worth the stained hands if it makes you happy! - Amanda #7
So love ppl willing to get their hands dirty! And an ipad to boot! Nice work :D
Nothing wrong with inky hands if you ask me! Bag looks great and yes it will lighten up. Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl – No 19
We all have inky hands im sure hunni,mine most days and inky everywhere else..lol.Love the bag will pop back to see how you get on with it!
Have fab wednesday and pop by i have Candy up for grabs
hugs Judex 17
Yes, those colour washes and alcohol inks do so much damage. At least at my workplace people know what I have been doing.The bag will look great and worth the handstains.
Yummy looking bag, and err my hands look like that all of the time :( ever tried a craft scrubbie.. gets rid of everything !
Do pop by my blog if you get time.. have a little giveaway
Hugs
Jennie # 10
The bag looks great, hope your hands aren't too sore from all the washing - that spray is a demon!
Oh that looked fun!! However it turns out, it's bound to be more exciting than the plain bag is was before! Hope your hands have recovered :)
Hugs, LLJ #39 xx
Hi there. Thanks for letting us peek into your creative space this week. It's always inspiring seeing where and how we create! Hope the rest of your week goes very well for you. Inky fingers are always a crafter's giveaway! I'm sure the bag will turn out well. I sometimes spray water onto my inks to dilute and blend the inks which also lightens hem a bit!
Neil #31
Gorgeous bag! Inky hands to me means you are crafty :D. I'm even more impressed that you have enough luceting supplies to warrant a bag that size! I have a holly lucet that I love, but have been working on the same string for erm ... 5 years? lol. It does make the purse project rotation though :D. Happy Wednesday #55ish
Looks rather nice..and a very good idea to use something for something else.... the colours are lovely...#60
What messy fingers mine are the same it takes ages to come off. The bag looks great for your pad. Have a lovely Wednesday. Laura
Never mind the mess, Cathy, if you're having fun and getting such gorgeous results! Love the colours. Happy WOYWW, Shoshi #70
Hands of a crafter. Bet the bag will look wonderful when it's dry. :)
Nothing like a few inky fingers! Love the bag, it's gonna be gorgeous!
oh great fun! canny wait to see end result!
love Teen xx
hope the hands come clean soon, spray inks are so much fun - messy crafting at its best!
debs #80
what a lovely way to get messy, your have to show an after piccie, would love to see how it turns out xx
Looks like you've been having great fun Cathy.
Oh it will be nice Cathy...how brave you are to just go for it! Bet it takes some drying though!
Well the bag looks great and messy fingersis a suresign of inky fun! Happy woyww trace x(30)
Hurrah for dirty messy hands - in the event of your bag not working out I am more than happy to give your ipad a home ;)
What fun ...cant wait to see it dry ...the colous change useually ...I think it is fab.
Bag looks Fabby !
Have a great week x
cool bag and I think it will look great even if it dries this dark... it is looking pretty cool and you did well to only get your fingers dirty... I would have it in my hair, on the dog, half a wall...
cool looking bag! I love having inky hands! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #64
Love your dirty, inky hands. Kooks like you have a lot of fun!
Hugs
Brenda 82
Ooer! Love the hands. You have given me an idea now for a little bag I have. Thanks. Hugs, Neet #12
Oh don't you just love it when you get covered in stuff. I think that is the mark of a true artist. Love the colours on the bag.
Love the colours, that's one special ipad bag. Happy WOYWW!
looking inkingly craft and I'm sure once dry it will look even lovelier! My morning swim gets rid of my ink!
Thanks for sharing a little of your life and desk! Sarah at 14
Enjoyed reading your post - love the inky hands. Hope you have a great week. Elizabeth x #81
Great Fun!!The bag looks great and if it doesn't well, you could turn it inside out! Have a great week! HaPPy WoYWw!
((Lyn))
oh messy yippee!! love getting messy, but hate the tidying up afterwards lol
Happy WOYWW
Lou #41
Very interesting, cant wait to see the finished product
Bridget #36
How funny that nobody has asked you what a Lucet is, and that Ohhh Snap has one too. I do as well - I've got two in fact - and use them regularly for making the ties for our medieval re-enactment costumes. With the three of us, there's a lot to make!
oh you mucky pup...but love what you're doing with the bag..hugs kath 33 xxx
Love your mucky fingers - mine always look like that!!! Thanks for sharing!
Looks nice and messy. Hope it turns out as you want
#58
Love inky fingers!!
Thanks for sharing ;-)
Hugs Marleen #14
Post a Comment