I have had ths Penny Black stamp set for ages, just not got round to doing anything with it. I stamped the butterfly out using distress ink, cut it out and then liberally misted it with pearl glimmer mist - I wanted some 'veining' of the wings. I embossed the white cardstock, and added a decorative corer and some ribbon. I cut out the oval and stamped a swirl, before adding the butterfly. Finally a double bow and some flat backed pearls to fiish it off.
Supplies:
Image: Penny Black free flight; Swirl from Clearly Besotted Stamps Butterfly Wishes
Sentiment:
Colouring medium: distress inks
Papers:
Embellishments: organza ribbon, flat backed pearsl
Tools: CB D'vine swirl embossing folder, Dienamics photo corner, Spellbinders fancy ovals
Challenges:
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Sweet Stampin - white +1
2 Sisters - anything goes
ABC - embossing
Crazy4 - ribbons and bows
Penny Black Saturday - January Blues
Sketch saturday - sketch
Sugar Nellie have released some new digi images, and they are just a bit gorgeous!! I coloured this one in using copics before cutting out using my spellbinders. Beth helped, so it is a simple layout. She cut the flowers and layered them up, adding some pearls. A bit of ribbon and the sentiment to finish it off.
Supplies:
Image: Sugar Nellie VA Annabel
Sentiment: Clearly Besotted Stamps The Best
Colouring medium: Copics
Skin: E11,E00,E000, R20
Hair: E15,Y30,YR20,YR31
Clothes: BG70,BG72, BG75, BG78
Papers: Pink Petticoat
Embellishments: ribbon and flat backed pearls
Tools: Marianne Creatible flower die, Spellbinders circle die
Challenges:
Stampavie and more - blue and white
Charisma Cardz - monochromatic


14 comments:
Cathy this is just so elegant and the bow is a nice finishing touch.
Hugs
DesÃre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
Cathy these cards are gorgeous. Nicely done. Hugs and happy crafting <3-Kim
Absolutely gorgeous cards, love them.
Warm hugs
Maarit
Great card with super colours, Black and White a great combo.
Just right for our challenge at "Sweet Stampin'". Thank you. Debbiex
These are both fabulous! I adore the butterfly one--very nice and the second one is just darling!
Your CAS card is very stylish Cathy. thanks for joining in with our challenge this week over at Allsorts
x catherine
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week with your beautiful card.
Pam x
I love your first card, such a beautiful butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx
Beautiful card. Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.
Such a gorgeous card ♥
Lovley image.
Thanks for playing at DVC
xx
Lovely cards. Really pretty and the colouring is wonderful.
Awwwww, both cards ara fantastic! I love the CAS one as well as the Sugar Nellie image.
Thanks so much for joining us at Stampavie & more.
Hugs, Kiki
Very sweet images, bow is adorable on the butterfly card. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!!
Sandy :)
Beautiful cards Cathy - love that butterfly!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x
Post a Comment