Sunday, 1 August 2010

A card .. and some candy

I have made a card for Beth's birthday ... I can't beleive she will be 4 in a few weeks time ... scary!!! She loves dressing up and playing in my shoes ... so this image is perfect.
I coloured the image using distress inks and added perfect pearls for the necklace. I followed the Sketch Saturday sketch (I rotated it and plated with the sizes to get it to fit ... oh and correct the punching error I had!!). I added little prima flowers and the sentiment is by Pollycraft. The card fits Totally Papercrafts Going to the Movies challenge (Pretty Woman) and Allsorts Dressing Up challenge.

Now onto the candy ...

I have some candy on offer as a way of thanking everyone who regularly visits my blog (even though at the mo I am terrible at blog hopping myself), and to celebrate being on the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge for over a year now, and being on the Instyles Stamps International Design team. Both Wendy from the Secret Crafter, and Virginia from Instyle Stamps are lovely ladies, and have donated things towards this candy .. thank you so much ladies xx
So what do you get ...
£10.00 gift Voucher for the Secret Crafter shop
3 digi images of your choice from Instyle Stamps
Cuttlebug Ice Crystals embossing folder
Stardust stickles
Ribbons
Crystal gems
Dovecraft printed brads
and some flowers, charms, spacers, lace, and anything else I lay my hands on! (not shown)

To enter the candy all you need to do is ...
  • write a post about this candy, including links to both Wendy and Virginia's shops.
  • add your post link to the blue frog
  • become a follower .. .its not a necessity, but it would be nice :)
  • oh and leave a comment about my card pretty please!
The candy closes at 10pm BST on Sunday 15th August and the winner will be announced on Tuesday 17th August at 12pm BST.


Recipe:
Stamp(s): LOTV
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Green at heart
Embellishments: from stash

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card hun, I'm sure Beth will love it! It' such a cute image and the colours are beautiful!
xx :0)

Annie said...

such a pretty card and I love the cute image!
hugs, annie x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Cathy,

What a beautiful card for your daughter - she will love it. My daughter will be 4 in 6 weeks too - must find a suitable stamp for her. Might have to borrow your idea!!

Hugs Ali x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww, what a cutie! That's such a sweet image and a very pretty colour combo too!

Melissa said...

What an adorable card! I used to love playing in "grown up" shoes too. :)

Sue said...

Hi Cathy
aww gorgeous card, luv this image, very pretty card,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card,the LOTV image is perfect
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week,
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Cathy :-) such an adorable image and the colours you used are beautiful :-)

thanks for joining us on the TPC Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

cowboydutrem said...

Very nice card! I used to same sketch for my last card and ended up with a totally different result... That's what I like about using sketches: if you didn't know the original sketch, you wouldn't guess what's the common element between the cards!

Unknown said...

As a new follower, I have looked at loads of your cards and they are gorgeous x Beths one is a cutie x

Terry said...

Hiya Cathy thanks for joining us at SS with your fab card. And I really like to take the opportunity to join into your fab candy. Thanks and good luck. Hugs Terry xxxx

Hildes Scrappeunivers said...

Thanks for giving me the vhance to win! Ypu have such fantastic cards, that gives me a lot of inspiration!

Hugs, Hilde

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Cathy fellow dt memeber thanks for the chance to win this great candy I have added a post to my blog and well done on all the dt places you hold. Stunning card love these images and great colours hugs from Lisa

scotspanda said...

awww such a cute image, lovely

thanks for joining in the dressing up fun at Allsorts this week :o)

Amanda xx

Cheerios626 said...

AWESOME!!! This card is stunning. Linked your candy on my blog, Thanks for the chance. Oh and I'm already a follower :)

KarenB said...

Your card is so sweet - she'll love it to bits!!

Yvonne Russell said...

Hi
I am a follower and have linked from the blog post I wrote at http://paperflourish.blogspot.com/2010/08/cathys-candy.html.

I love the soft, delicate look of your card. Beautiful.

Thanks for the chance.

Nikki said...

What a cute image it's so sweet you've done a beautiful job on it :)
hugs Nikki