Thursday, 12 August 2010

Blues and 3's!

I was up rather earlier than I would have liked this morning, thanks to my phone telling me my battery was flat .. .so considerate of it at 6am!!

So I made a card, as you do!!
It fits these challenges -
Wags n Whiskers - 3 of something ... 3 shapes (circle/square/rectangle), 3 patterned papers, 3 flowers
Stamp and Create monthly challenge
- flowers
Sketch Saturday - sketch, although I resized some of the elements
Simon Says Stamp - Summertime blues .. umbrella as it rains in Summer!!
Colour Create - Ivory, duck egg +1 from photo inspiration ( I chose brown and green ... and I am sure there is a smidge of purple in that pic!!)

I coloured the image using my pens and matted it onto blue cardstock. I know a little purple has crept in, but I really wanted to use these papers LOL!! I added some flowers, organza ribbon and a bow.
I still have a poorly eye, and its making feel groggy ... but its the last day of freedom before the girels are back, so I want to do some crafting this afternoon, when the little girl I mind goes home.


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Wags n Whiskers Love you Sis
Colouring Media: promarkers
Papers: Basic Grey Wisteria
Embellishments: from stash

17 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Cathy. Love the colouring of the image and the papers/flowers also. Thanks for joining us this week at WnW. Hugs Michele x

Uma said...

very pretty, lovely flowers and pp

Karen said...

Gorjus gorjus cards Cathy.

Love Karen x

Hanna said...

Stunning card, Cathy! So sweet and lovely. Gorgeous colours and details. Love it!

hugs & love,
Hanna

Linda said...

very beautiful card
hugs Linda

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love the colours & a great stamp!
Clairex

Riet said...

So beautiful card Cathy.

Hugs Riet.xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Aw I really love this image!! It reminds me of my sisters! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Liz's creative corner said...

Ah this is lovely, hope your eyes better soon, thanks for joining us at colour create,hugs Liz xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Cute card and you have coloured the image so perfectly.
Caroline xxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Cathy!, love the image and the papers are one of my fav's at the mo :o)
Take care and I hope you had alot of craft time this afternoon!!
Love Vicky xx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Gorgeous card, sometimes it's "fun" to get up earlier? You made a beautiful card first thing!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, cute card Cathy beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

Janiel/ janny said...

OH CATHY THIS IS VERY BEAUTIFUL
Great design and great use of the colors for the challenge. Thanks for joining in hugs Janiel

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Cathy :-) I love this image and the papers and embellies are lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Debs said...

super sweet card...thanks for joining us at WnW...Debs x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy!! Love this image and your coloring. Thanks for joining the Stamp And Create flower challenge this month.