Wednesday, 25 August 2010

ABC Christmas Challenge and WOYWW

Wow we are up to R already!!
This week we want to see Rudolph and some brads.

I watercoloured my image and matted it onto red cardstock. I kept the layout simple and added some red ribbon and red and green brads.

Do take at peek at the rest of the DT as their creations are fabulous.
This card fits Creative Inspirations Christmas in August challenge.

OK its Wednesday so time for Whats on Your Workdesk Wednesday. I am working from 7.30am-6pm this week so not alot of time to craft ... so this was my desk at 7am this morning ...
I loved the effect of stamping on fabric after trying it out for the Basic Grey Challenge, so I thought I would try it with some hAnglars and Christmas Tildas. The box holds all my Christmas stamps .. there are a few LOL!!!

And a closer look at the stamped images .. should have ironed the fabric first methinks!!

Oh and because I should ... here is hubby's side of MY work space ... and Beth waving something in the air wanting to know what it is ... NOT a clue LOL!!
He is supposed to tidy up at night and put all his sharp things away .. that's why a craft knife is out!


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Whiff of Jo Wee and reindeer
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Forever Friends
Embellishments:from stash

30 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy.

Hugs Riet.xx

Uma said...

very cool reindeer, fab card

Annie said...

Stamping on fabric? What will you do with it next?
A x

Sue said...

Hi Ya Cathy
great pics, oh what do you colour the Tildas with on fabric!! Just answered meself fabric paints! lol, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Anonymous said...

lovely card Cathy! so GREAT to have you back with us!! hip hip! YAY YAY YAY!!! mega hugs and naughty daddy!! tehehhee! lovely picci of Beth!

Victoria said...

a lovely card and a very very pretty picture of Beth I adore her dress she looks like a little fairy x

Helen said...

Great card.

Helen said...

Awww....sweet card - I love Wee & his reindeer!
Helen x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) I LOVE this image and the papers and colours you used are fab :-)

Lovely photo's :-) Beth is gorgeous :-) Good Luck with the stamped images :-) ,,, yup ,, maybe ironing would heve made it easier :-)

luv
Lols x x x

JoZart Designs said...

Thanks for sharing your desk and cutey Beth! I'd say I really love the card if it wasn't Ch*****as!!
JoZarty x

nessy said...

love your xmas card ~what a cute reindeer!!
what fab photos of your craft room ~need to borrow an iron?? ~ got mine out with tons of ironing to do!!
vanessa xx

Nancy said...

Great Idea to stamp on fabric love it

X

Sew This N That said...

I love stamping on cotton and linen, I colour mine with Derwent Inktense pencils.
*hugs* Heather x

Spyder said...

Great Christmas card, lovely pictures! Have a great woyww!
(Lyn)

Joey said...

aww Beth is gorgeous :O) love the card and your desk looks like you are about to become mighty creative with that stamped fabric. Joey.x

Andria said...

I've never thought about stamping onto fabric before, thanks for that idea. So jealous of your christmas Tildas too :)

cheryl said...

oh love the stamping onto fabric,it looks brilliant,hugs cheryl xxxx

Serendipity Stamping said...

Sweet Wee and reindeer, I love doing this stamp and its cousins.

Carola Bartz said...

Cool stamping on fabric. And you're already making Xmas cards - good for you. I already feel behind.

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image.
Wedgie xxx

Jenni said...

Fab card, loving that image! Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspiration challenge.
Jenni x

Unknown said...

gorjuss card there

great space, thanks for the snoop

hugs
judie xx

Cor* said...

Every time I see that image I smile! Great coloring. What do u do with the fabric images? Color them? With what? Very interesting!! Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations for our Christmas Challenge.

Daniele said...

I love stamping on fabric love those ahanglar stamps but can't find a stockist....lucky you thanks for the peek
hugs

nerllybird said...

Lol, love the photos of the bus on the wall! Your card looks lovely, I like the subtle background papers you've used.

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Wow...amazing card, totally gorgeous.

xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love this ABC card Cathy it is oh so cute.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love this ABC card Cathy it is oh so cute.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love to see anything done on fabric. Stamping is so cool. The reason I'm late is, I had a required tutorial to post on Thursday involving fabric and had trouble getting back to the WOYWW blogs. Your daughter is a real cutie. Don't work too hard and enjoy your weekend.

Sharon said...

Great card, that's a lovely image.