Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Autumn's coming

Autumn seems to be well on its way. The conkers are beginning to fall from our tree and the leaves are beginning to flower.
The theme for the Papertake Weekly Challenge this week is autumn, and this card fits the bill. I have chosen to go for the muted browns and greens of autumn with the flushes of pink from the sedum that is just flowering in our garden. I love these K and Co papers and think they refelct aspects of early autumn really well. I have added ribbon, lace, wire and prima flowers to add a bit of texture.
I have followed this week's Spoonfull of Sugar sketch (slightly out of proportion, due to the size of the image!). I love this Sugar Nellie, Reflective, and as she is obvoiusly pondering what to do with the apples she has collected, it is a very autumnal image too!
I have coloured her using my aqua Pro-markers and a waterbrush.
Off to feed the Gremlins before going out on a course about Early Years Education - lovely!!

22 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is stunning Cathy, I love the colour scheme and your beautifully coloured image, Thanks for using my sketch, Hugs, Nikki x

Chris said...

Hi Cathy, such a great card! I love the colour scheme it's perfectly autumnal and your image is coloured so beautifully. Love your trimmings and such a great idea to use the wire to link the flowers. Hugs, Chris x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful - perfect autumn image and the papers are just right
Pauline x

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful card
Wendy x

Becky said...

So pretty Cathy! I'm loving the wire of course, and the colouring with your Pro Markers looks great!
Love Becky xx

Mandy said...

lovely card Cathy, colours look superb.

Mandy

Dawn said...

Stunning choice of colours - love the flowers and image - so cute

mueppi said...

Your card is beautiful, Cathy!!
Your autumn image is great!
I love it!
Hugs Gisela

Louise F NZ said...

Another Beauty! Fabulous card and totally fits the theme!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Cathy love the autumnal colours thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Bubbles said...

Love the autumn colours and pretty image. Thanks for joining us at ASFoS.
Joanne x

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Beautiful image and love the flowers! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Mrs Wonka said...

Another great card, you are so clever!

Mrs Wonka x

Swaantje said...

What a great card !
Love the colours and that's a great stamp!

Debbie said...

Great card Kathy, you have coloured the image beautifully and I love the autumnal papers. Debbie x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Lovely card. Great colouring. Hugs, Lainy xx

Trina said...

This is lovely!! I love your image and coloring! Love how you did the sketch too! Great colors too! Thanks for joining our challenge!

Bev said...

Absolutely stunning Cathy!!! Gorgeous colours and such a sweet image (wish I could get my hands on one - it's permanently out of stock boohoo!)

hugs Bev x

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful autumn card!! Great colors, lovely image. Love the lace and the wire!! Love from Holland,
Jacqueline

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, gorgeous image and love the Autumn colours.

Jilli said...

This is beautiful Cathy, the colour scheme is fab and that image is just adorable and coloured perfectly. Jillix

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and the detail. Michele x