Thursday, 11 September 2008

A couple of anniversary cards

A I have couple of sets of friends who are celebrating their wedding/partnership anniversaries in the next couple of weeks so I thought I would have a go at making them cards. I'm not really one for making love based cards, as hubby would be the first to moan/complain!!!

Gisela sent me some lovely House Mouse images and I have finally been brave enough to put one of them on my blog!! I love these two little mice, hopefully they love each other!!
I have used K and Co papers, a prima flower, and wire, ribbon and a red gem heart from my stash.
The flowers are buttercups according to Gremlin number 1 so they are yellow - she was quite adamant about this!






I used this gorgeous Rachel Anne Miller stamp and my Swiss Dots embossing folder to make this card. I have used bits and pieces of cardstock so have no idea what it is/was!

Knowing the individuals as I do i have kept them quite simple and unfussy. One of them in particular does not like the 'frilly bits' I put on cards - hmmmph!

Well I like them!!



6 comments:

Victoria said...

both cards are fantastic and I love frilly bits! Have let you a message on msn hun. That frog stamp is fantastic, I ams ure they will love the cards.
Love to the girls xxx

LizzyWizzy said...

Lovely cards, great with the wire!

Dawn said...

Aww these are so cute - brilliant stamp and fantastic colouring!

Pauline C said...

These are both gorgeous Cathy .... the images are adorable! I'm making my hubby's anniversary card this weekend and already have an image sorted, but will definitely have to get those cute frogs for next time as he loves frogs LOL!!
Pauline x

mueppi said...

Another wonderful card, Cathy!!
I love the images and your colouring!!!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs Gisela

Becky said...

What gorgeous love themed cards Cathy, I'm sure they will absolutely adore them! I think they are wonderful!!
Love Becky xx