I love this Sugar Nellie, she is so calm and placid, unlike the Gremlins I live with!!! I have decided to have another go at katharina's sketch (see a couple of posts below) with her. I have used a selection of K& Co and Making Memories papers, which I have inked on the edges. The lace and braid are from my stash. I left the lace in a pot of tea for a couple of minutes to get a more antique effect on it. I added a prima flower, which looks really bright having been scanned, but it is the same colour as the dark part of the roses. Sadly I have cut of the edge of the card - oops!!I don't normally use up my antiquey, floral papers, but I quite like hte result of this one. Ellie will be sad - less crafting stuff for her!!
Thanks for looking,


6 comments:
This is so pretty! I think I have just bought the same paper .. wonder if we visited the same craft shop?? Also I was thinking of dunking the lace you so kindly gave me in tea to "antique" it .. glad to see it comes out looking so fab
Pauline x
Hi Cathy
Deine Karte ist wunderschön!!!!!
I have something for you on my blog!!!!
Hugs Gisela
Another great take on the challenge Cathy! The paper works wonderfully! Love the idea of ageing the lace!
Love Becky xx
Oh this is lovely - I love the colouring - I'm really into colouring images at the moment :) Kimx
Another wonderful entry Cathy. Love the lace!!
I adore this card your colouring is so subtle and the Dp match perfectly, great card
Hugs jacqui x
Post a Comment