Sunday, 13 July 2008

Sarah Kay Sketch

The Sarah Kay challenge is a sketch this week.
Its a fab sketch and I really enjoyed using it. I have used some Making Memories papers that I have been saving for scrapbooking, but have never used. The white paper is lace patterned. I have inked the edge of the image in pink, rather than matting the image twice. I love this lace ribbon and thought it would work well with these papers. The colour scheme is a bit pale for me as I prefer bold, strong colours, but I really like the overall effect.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow such a pretty card!! I love that dp and the lace looks gorgeous!! Nice interpretation of the sketch!!

Victoria said...

this is beautifully coloured in, a fabulous take on the sketch x

Bev said...

Your take on the sketch is fabulous Cathy. The papers are so pretty and the lace is the perfect finishing touch

Mandy said...

such a pretty delicate card, love it !

Mandy

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Beautiful card and i loves this image it's my favorite.Lovley sweet colors.Greetings from Holland!
Agnesx

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, this is stunning, your coloring is beautiful. Love it....

Joy said...

A very pretty card and I love how you've coloured using those soft colours xx

MichelleO said...

Really pretty, I like the soft colors! Love the lace too - Thanks for joining in on the challenge
HUGS
MichelleO

Andrea said...

I love the ribbon you've used and your colouring is great

Gill said...

Super card, I love the colours and the lace looks beautiful
lv gill x

cats whiskers said...

Lovely card cathy great colours, good sketch wasn't it
Hugs Jacqui x

mueppi said...

Deine Karte ist wunderschön gesteltet!!!!!!!!

Mona said...

wonderful your card. Great work

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Wow this one is so sweet. Wonderful work!!

tracie said...

Hi Cathy, wow what a fabulous card - so pretty. Love the soft colours and you've coloured the image beautifully. Love the lace too - fab :)x

Wendy Schoonhoven said...

Beautiful card, love the romantic feeling it gives me,xxxWendy.