Saturday, 12 July 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

I haven't done any crafting or blogging for the last few days due to feeling rotten with a bad cold and living in a palgue ridden house as both girls and hubby have it too! The challenge over at Penny Balck Saturday Challenge was a sketch and I love doing sketches.
However, I have found it really hard to do this sketch and this was my third attempt! I have struggled getting colours to co-ordinate and the sizings of the elements to look right. Its not fantastic but its the best I can do at the mo, so please be kind!!

The girls have been having a play with my craft stash - weak willpower on my part!!
This is Beth's (age 22 months) card. I have a feeling she thinks Tilda ought to be a Goth!!

These are the 2 cards Ellie (aged 3 1/2) has made to say thank you to the staff at her pre-school. She has cut everything except round the images and got on with it herself.
I think I have some serious competition, and they are less analytical in their style - glue stick, dopple of glue stick it down, job done!!! Perhaps I should start using their philosophy!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Cathy I love the sweet image, The girl's cards are also fab you should enter them into Hannah & Zoe's Challenge
http://hannahzoecraftymonkeys.blogspot.com/
The theme this week is summertime and the girls cards fit perfectly.

Chrissie said...

I think your card is fab. The girls made a good job too!
Chrissie

kes said...

Yes you have competition!!!!
Hope you all feel better now.
kes
x

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous card for the sketch - love the colours you have used and the cute image....love the girls cards too...hope you are feeling better soon and thanks for joining us at PBSC this week
Love Kath
xxx

cats whiskers said...

Lovely card Cathy my favourite colours, love Ellies cards too, you have a rival there
thanks for playing
Hugs Jacqui xxx

tracie said...

Hi Cathy your card is gorgeous, love the colours and fab papers. Your girls cards are great, starting them young - love them all. Have a great weekend, and thanks for joining this weeks PSBC
hugs :)x

orangedaisy said...

great card and the colours look good to me
your little un's cards made me smile and took me back :)
x

mueppi said...

Deine Karte und die Farben sind wunderschön!!!!!

CraftyC said...

Third time lucky Cathy, its a great card and my compliments to the other 2 budding crafters!! Have a good weekend and hope your on the road to recovery!!
Clairexx

Bev said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card Cathy, the colours are stunning. I see you have two brilliant little crafters there too! Watch out for your stash lol

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the papers, hope I didn't send you my cold with those images, so sorry if I did.
Love your daughter's cards, keep an eye on those stamps though ;)

Debbie said...

Oh brilliant card Cathy. Love the cute hedgie and the gorgeous colours.

Debbie x

NGCARDS said...

beautiful cards by both you and your girls =)
xxx

Sammi said...

your card is adorable!! I love the colours and the stamp is gorgeous! Your girls cards are cute !!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, wonderful.

Louise F NZ said...

Great card! I LOVE goth tilda, so cute!

ella bella said...

gorgeous card Cathy love the colours, the girls cards are great to :) hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
Tracy x

Alison said...

The girls cards are fab. The colours on your cards are great and what a fab image more for the wish list. Super card.

Andrea said...

Gorgeous card with lovely colours

Hey and your girls art is great :-)

Sue said...

great card and fab colours,love the girls cards too,brilliant:-)

sue
xx

Victoria said...

well done Cathy, Ellie and Beth, we all love the cards - you should enter the girls in the craftymonkey's challenge blog.
love Vicky, Ed and Henry xxx

Beth said...

Awww, their cards are so sweet! Yours is fab too, I love the colours! Thanks for joining in!

Becky said...

Cathy, I so love your card, you are really being too hard on yourself, it's wonderful! And I love the image, it's so cute! The papers match perfectly too!
And as for your daughter's cards, well, they are just fantastic! You should see Dylan's attemps! Everything just gets stuck one on top of the other until there is a huge blob!! ha ha!!
Love Becky xx

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

I hope you're feeling better! I like the rounder corners, great card. Thanks for playing this week ~ Jovi

Kos med papir og saks said...

this is so pretty. love the colors, the ribbon and the image.

cute cards from the girls too :)

have a nice week

♥ Lydia ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Lovely card Cathy :)
The girls cards are fabulous too... Well done x

We (Funky Fairy's) have a challenge blog for under 17s ...they'd be more than welcome to join in :0)

http://tinyfunkyfairysandelves.blogspot.com/