Friday, 14 June 2013

Happy Birthday Dad

 
 It's my Dad's birthday on Sunday - Father's Day!!!!  I could cop out and only give him 1 card ... but I thought he could have 2!!!  I love this cutie from LOTV - that lane is so big for the wee boy!!  I coloured him in using my pens and then distressed both the kraft cardstock and MME papers.  I stitched the dp and then stamped the LOTV postcard out onto kraft cardstock, before stamping the sentiment on.  Finally I added a button with twine tied through it.

Supplies: 
Colouring medium: Copics
 Papers: MME Oliver
Embellishments: button, twine
Tools: Spellbinders nestibilities, Tim holtz paper distresser

Challenges:
Glitter n Sparkle - father's day/male cards
Craft your passion - father's Day/masculine  
Challenges4 Everybody - anything goes
Creative Craft - for the fellas
Tuesday Throwdown - you're the man
Crafting for all seasons - one for the guys
Crafts and Me- vintage
Divas by Design - happy birthday
Creative Stamp friends - happy birthday
Fab n Funky - happy birthday
Paper Pretties - fantastic fathers
Fuss and Fancy - button it
Card Crafters Circle - in stitches
Love to Create - vintage/shabby
Bearly mine - anything goes
Craft Lovin - anything goes



19 comments:

~ginny said...

Delightful!! Love your coloring, the grunge postcard used for your sentiment and especially like the button! He will be quite pleased with your card Cathy! Welcome to Craft Your Passion's “Father's Day/ Masculine” Challenge and good luck!
~ginny
Design Team - Craft Your Passions
RubberMAD (http://ggetty.blogspot.com/)

Kim said...

fabulous card Cathy - and a gorgeous LOTV image!
Kim x

Angelique said...

Such a pretty card. Love that image and its so beautifull coloured.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Unknown said...

Loving this one Cathy! I love that image and the colours you've chosen! :)
Lizy xx

mixamatoasties said...

One of my most favourite images. And I would have used it for my Dad too.

Susan xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Super masculine creation . Love the image and the "postcard"
Thanks for sharing on Card Crafter's Circle .

Unknown said...

Cathy this is lovely, I do love that image too, hope you Dad has a fabulous birthday, thank you for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck hun xxx

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Super cute :-) adorable!
thanks for joining us over at Craft Lovin Challenges!!!!
Great priced, fun digi paper and stamps
Tabitha's Designs

Angeline Choo said...

Woah !! This is lovely. I love how you colored the little boy

Thanks for joining us at Craft Lovin Challenge Blog ;)

Angeline DT

Jules said...

What a fantastic man's card, I love it and the vintage style and colours. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxoxo

Jac’s Playground said...

Fabulous card, love your papers and the postcard, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Pat K said...

I agree...fabulous card. Great colours and design used with this adorable image.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

Jani said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic, Cathy! Adorable image. :-D I'm really happy that you played along and want to say "thanks so much" for joining us in our "Masculine" theme challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week.
NanaConnie DT

Janine said...

Gorgeous card Cathy. That's such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Hugs, Janine xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Super cute card! Thanks for joining Craft Lovin Challenge.

Melanie said...

A gorgeous card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "we love you dad’” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Creative Craft Challenges)

Sabrina aka Chaosküken said...

So lovely! A wonderful colouring!

Thank you for joining us at Creative Stamp Friends :)

xx Sabrina

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Cathy - love the distressing on the papers!
Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
Helen x