Tuesday, 8 May 2012

A Tag


I've been playing with my new spring colours distress inks and they are LUSH!!!!  As if I need an excuse to get inky with inks, tags and glassene paper ..
I used peacock feathers, shaded lilac and dusty concorde to create the background on the tag, and then flicked water over it to created the puddled effect. Having dried the tasg I distressed the edges with my TH paper distresser.  I used glassene paper and alcohol inks to create the shimmery butterflies and cut them out using my TH butterfly die.  I stamped the TH sentimet onto the tag (I just love this quote, got to be my fave quote EVER!!), and added pearls, some lace and a charm (that's gone a bit upside down!!)

Challenges:
Craft your passion - torn/distressed edges
Simon Says Stamp and Show - favourite stamp
Stamps+fun=Creativity - pearls and lace
The Stampman - favourite technique
Creative Card Crew - sentiment as a focal point
Creative Crafft - anything goes
Oldie but a goodie - diecuts and punches
Anything Goes – things with wings


18 comments:

Victoria said...

i really love this

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous! I need those inks. Don't I? Xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

Brilliant, beautiful and poignant! Excellent combination. ;)

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a cute tag! Love the sentiment and your blending of colors. Thanks so much for joining the creative card crew for this challenge.
Denise
CCC-DT

Catherine said...

Gorgeous tag. Love the colour......

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Cathy...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Janice said...

Love the colours on your great tag, Jx

Paula J Atkinson said...

One of my fav quote stamps. Funnily enough i played with my new distress inks & used that quote on a page in my minibook.
The colours go beautifully together with the dusty concord. Love it!
Isn't the Squeezed Lemonade beautiful!

paper fun said...

This is gorgous!!!!!

I love the new TH distress dyes and you are the first one that I have seen use it. You really showed it well.

Thanks for joinging in our sentiment challenge at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

cheryl said...

this is one,super tag,love the colours so beautiful, bless you for playing at Creative Craft Challenge this week hugs Cherylxxx

Francesca said...

Absolutely Beautiful

Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

NancyD said...

Great tag. Love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Melinda Gleissner said...

LOVE your butterflies! Thanks for the step-by-step on your beautiful tag.

Country Mouse said...

Very pretty tag! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Craft your Passion Challenges!
audrey

Sarah said...

the colours look just great and that is a wonderful stamp - a lovely tag! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

earthspirit927 said...

Beautiful Tag:) LOve your color choices:)Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passions For our Torn and distressed Challenge this week:)

Melissa,DT Member
Expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at SFC …..

Hugs

Bella