There are a fabulous range of stamps at Its Crafting Time, and personally love the IndigoBlu stamps.
I used a tag from Ranger, and inked it in victorian velvet, vintage photo and walnut stain distress inks. I used stamps from IndigoBlu's Sewing Mends the Soul set, and coloured them in using distress markers
- victorian velvet, black soot and frayed burlap, before stamping them
onto watercolour paper and cutting them out. I stained some vintage ribbon and some tulle using Victoriaan velvet, and added the tulle to the bottom of the corset. I stamped the tape measure onto the tag using sepia archival ink, and the sentiment using black archival ink, beofre adding the images, a steampunk pair of scissors and the vintage ribbon.
I love the new limited edition spring distress inks, very bright and fresh. I have used squeezed lemonade and peacock feathers to create this tag. I blended the 2 inks to create the green colour. I stamped the butterflies using peacock feathers and a Unity butterfly stamp I have had for a long time. The sentiment is also from the same set. I distressed Prima canvas resist butterflies using the inks and stained the seam binding, before adding a butterfly charm.
Challenges
Make it Monday
Oldie but a Goodie - things with wings
Charisma Cardz - metal embellishments

12 comments:
Gorgeous tags Cathy love the words on the first one. I have Victorian velvet and thought it was too dark but it looks a lovely pink on your tag so I must try again with it.
Hugs
Margaret M
Fantastic Tags Cathy. I swa these on MIM..Loz
Both these tags are lovely.. love the butterfly colours... it POPS... saw you on make it monday..
CLaire
Beautiful little tags, those butterflies are so pretty!
Anks for joining us at Charisma Cardz!
Hello. I saw this Beautiful tags on MIM..Faye
Gorgeous tags sweetie.
I need those DI's don't I?!
xxx
Two fabulous tags , quite different .
Love the " sew" good tag LOL
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Gorgeous Tags hun..saw this on Make it Monday..really must have a go at making some of these they are really lovely!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx
Gorgeous tags!
Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week! x
What awesome tags sweetie. I saw you on MIM.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
Hi
Two gorgeous tags!
Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
Michelle :o)
Your butterfly tag is gorgeous. Love the colour combination. Saw your work on Make it Monday.
Liz xx
Post a Comment