Monday, 28 May 2012

Its Crafting Time DT post


This week's theme for the Its Crafting Time design team is music.  I decided to alter a tin to hold the girls' recorders and whistles ...


I cleaned out a used can of baked beans and measured some white cardstock to go round it.  I stamped over the cardstock in black archival ink using the Music background from the Artistic Stamper, and then distressed it in old paper and linen distress inks.  I scrunched the cardstock up and swipted over the wrinkles with frayed burlap distress ink.  I added some Tim Holtz tissue tape (symphony) and stained some cardstock using black soot distress ink, before cut some musical notes out using a Marianne Creatible die.  Finally I painted the notes using rock candy crackle paint to give them a distressed look.

 Make it Monday
Secret Crafter Saturday challenge - anything but a card
 

12 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a gorgeous tin Cathy! Beautiful paper and such a great idea! :)

Chana Malkah said...

What a fabs idea and fantastic execution! Vern Nicely Done!! I saw this at MIM!
Hugz,
Chana

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is great. I saw it on Make it Monday.

mixamatoasties said...

You're awfully clever. That's fab.

Susan xx

Scrappycath said...

Great way to be creative and organized!! Saw this on Make It Monday!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Fabulous idea! I love the paper you used also! I saw your project at MIM!

Shirley-Anne said...

This altered can looks quite nifty .
Love the papers and the notes added . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Lisa :) said...

This tin is lovely! I have to make myself one! Saw this on Make It Monday! :)

Annie said...

Hi Cathy. Saw your piece on Make It Monday and thought I would take a closer look. Fab idea to keep the recorders. TFS....Annie :)

loz said...

Fantastic project Cathy. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Tonya said...

I love this. It is useful and beautiful. I love the music notes.
I found your blog through Make it Monday. Thanks for sharing.

Helen said...

This is fab Cathy - love those die cut treble clefs! Hope it inspires your girls to practise!
Thanks for playing with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x