Monday, 14 May 2012

A bit of a mixed bunch!!


 We have a sketch for this week's theme from Its Crafting time ...

and here is my take on it...
I inked the card base and octagon using distress inks, and the octagon was created using my Spellbinders octagonal nestibilities.  I added seam binding ribbon, tying a bow for the circle detail of the sketch, and some flat backed pearls.  The sentiment and butterflies are from IndigoBlu's Discover Your Passion set, and the butterflies were coloured using distress markers.

The parents' of one of the children I mind got married on Friday, and this is the card I made them ...
I used kraft and blue cardstock, a sizzix for SU heart embossing folder, and my swiss dots embossing folder.  The hearts are cut out of glittery cream cardstock and embossed and I added a bow to join them.  The swirl stamp is from an SU set and I added glamour dust to it.  Finally I added some blue organza ribbon.
I made all the invitations, table cards and place cards for the wedding, so I used the same blue ribbon as I had for them.

And I made a card for one of my friend's (and the sister of the groom!) to give the happy couple ...
I used white and silver cardstock, and embossed a couple of panels using the hearts embossing folder.  I made a rossette flower using my TH die and stamped  swirly stamp all over itin silver. Having made it up I added an embossed heart to its centre, a heart below it and some organza ribbon.

Challenges:
Make it Monday
Simon Says Stamp and Show - anything Goes
 Stamp with Fun - wedding
J & C Creations - all that glitters

16 comments:

Vicky said...

3 beautiful creations Cathy...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

loz said...

Stunning cards and colours. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Tedz said...

Hello Tilly, You have entered a lovely card into our first Blog Challenge at J&C Creations, very delicate stamping and I love the colour choice. Lots of luck, Pauline

Dan said...

It's wonderful how you can turn your hand to 3 such different looks and with such style too! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Chana Malkah said...

Your designs are gorgeous! I found you on MIM and I am so glad that I did! Very Nice Work!

Hugz,
Chana

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous creations. Love everything about them.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Doing Life

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Cathy.

Hugs Riet.xx

Faye said...

Hello. I saw these Beautiful cards on MIM..Faye

mixamatoasties said...

You have been busy! Hope you had a good time at the wedding.

Susanxx

Cheryl said...

These all are very pretty!



I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m entry #97)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

Rene said...

These are so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM. Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance to win our second prize!
Rene ;D

KraftyKoolKat said...

Everyone of these is gorgeous sweetie. I spotted you on MIM this time. I am no 123.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Dana said...

All three of your cards are so pretty! Saw you on MIM.

Michelle said...

Hi

Wow, lovely selection of cards!

I really love the first wedding card. The emossing really adds something special.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Andrea said...

Very great card - wonderful color. I like it. Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Pia S said...

Stunning CAS cards! Spotted on MIM.