Monday, 12 March 2012

Crafting Time DT - sketch


I stamped the IndigoBlu train stamp onto kraft cardstock using archival ink, cut out using my nestibilities and distressed the edges.  I stained some chipboard cogs using perfect pearls and water to create a mist.  Finally I stamped a Tim Holtz tickets stamp to replicate train tracks.


I coloured Lambing Pip from Sugar Nellie in using my promarkers, and cut her out using nestibilities.  I added some punched butterflies, flat backed pearls, paper flowers coloured using orchid promarker and buttons to at their centres.  Finally some ribbon and a bow.

 Challenges
Make It Monday
Allsorts - say it with flowers
One Stop craft - Mother's Day with ribbon
Totally Gorguss - Anything goes with buttons
I love Promarkers - ribbons and bows
Passion for Promarkers - Mum/female relative
My Mum's Craft Shop - Spring is Springing
Moving along with the times - cute as a button
Divas by Design - favourite things (Sugar Nellie, promarkes, pearls, flowers, ribbons!)
Simon Says Stamp - Mothers Day/ special girl
Cupcake Craft - going dotty


Before I go and get some jobs done, its ...
Pop over to the Sugar Nellie blog to find out all the details .. .there is soe candy on offer!


21 comments:

Unknown said...

Two completely different different yet equally fantastic cards! So glad I popped over from MIM!
Nat -x-

Desire Fourie said...

Lovely creations once again Cathy. Love the train stamp.
Hugs
Desire

brenda said...

Super card and lovely colour pallet Cathy.

Thanks so much for joining in our Say it with Flowers theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

Jeni said...

Both are beautiful Cathy! Great guy card and such a sweet Spring card. ~jeni :)

DesignerDiva said...

Two lovely cards, I love the 2nd one!
Thanks for joining in my 'Cute As A Button' challenge at MAWTT this week and good luck and also for playing with the Diva's this week
Laurie x

coops said...

gorgeous card cathy.fab pretty papers and colours and i love the sweet pip.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Chrissy said...

Very pretty card Cathy, lovely soft colouring and cute image.


Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Rene said...

So pretty and I love your colors! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Fleur said...

Great cards. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
I have candy if your interested
http://fleurapassionforcraft.blogspot.com/
Hugz Fleur xXx

Sue B said...

This is gorgeous Cathy! I love the sweet image and you've coloured it beautifully to match the gorgeous papers and embellishments!! I love the delish flowers with the button centres - it's a really sweet card!
I love your other card also - it's a fab design with the train and the cogs!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Rosie Gustafson said...

Very sweet card. Thank you for sharing on MIM.

Kerry said...

Your card is Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft.
Kerry

Louise said...

Adorable card makes you think of spring,thanks for joining us at Cupcake craft this week and good luck
Hugs Louise xx

Pami said...

I adore these new images Cathy, gorgeous spring card! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x PS I have blog candy if you are interested!

Diane's Card Designs said...

A beautiful spring card with such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

Kim said...

both cards are equally great. I really love how you stamped the Tim Holtz tickets onto the card, that looks awesome!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, another beautiful card. I love the image and gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
I'm sorry for my late comment x

danemi1 said...

I always find it hard to do cards for me but my word you have done a fab job of the train one (does that make me sexist - sorry if so) your blog is superb and your work wonderful!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy :-) both are lovely ! I love the manly train one ,, very arty ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Zippy said...

Two fantastic cards, I especially like the second one, so pretty and the colours are lovely. xxx

Bettina L. said...

Gorgeous. Love the purple and yellow colour combo and the design with butterflies and flowers look amazing. Saw you on MIM and had to come in for a closer look. So glad I did.TFS. Bettina xx