Tuesday, 3 November 2009

A bit of sparkle

I've made a card .. its taken since Sunday night but here it is!!!
I masked Tilda and added the bench and then watercoloured the images and the background. I stamped the snowflakes in silver and then embossed them, and added some gems. All the papers and cardstock have been distressed and inked in red ink. I added the prima flowers, some wire and ribbon to complete the card.

This card covers the following challenges (all links in my sidebar)

Roses on Paper - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - All that Sparkles
Stamp with fun - Scene
Winter wonderland - jingle bells
Cupcake Challenge - sketch
Basic Grey Challenge - colour inspiration
Creative Card Crew - ribbons and gems

I have a stinking cold and cough and am off to bed to get some much needed rest ... children don't adapt to grown up illness well LOL!!!!! Oh and hubby's don't either LOL!!!!!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Tilda with Bell; magnolia snowflakes
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Wassail
Embellishments: Prima flowers, wire, gems and ribbon from stash

26 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening Cathy, wow you've been busy since y last visit with so many gorgeous makes, im loving them all, hugs Linda x

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Cathy ;-) everything is just perfect ! :-)

Hope you re feeling better tomorrow :-/ x x x sending big hugs xoxo

Thanks for joining our Simon Says Sparkly challege :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Sam said...

Gorgeous card Cathy. Love that Tilda image and the papers you've used.
Thanks for playing along at CCC this week.
Hope you feel better soon.
Sam x

Lynne in NI said...

What a pretty card Cathy - I love how you coloured Tilda and the embossed snowflakes are fab!
Hope you're feeling better soon
:o)

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Cathy - fab colour scheme. Hope you're soon feeling better
Pauline x

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty Cathy!!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, what a pretty card. I love the image and the papers are just gorgeous. The colour scheme is perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, love all the detail. I'm impressed that you embossed the snowflakes without getting silver powder all over the place (like I would), it's very effective. Tilda is looking cute! Hope you are feeling much better soon hun. Hugs, Squirrel xx

debby4000 said...

Oh she is fabulous and wonderful colours.
Hope you feel better soon.
luv
Debby

Tasha said...

Cathy this card is really beautiful! I love the image you have used and you have coloured her in so prefectly
love tasha xx

Ali Watson said...

This is fab CAthy, loving those papers and the image is so sweet. Hope you are well :D

Yani said...

Simply gorgeous! Loved the colors you used and how you colored your image. Thanks for sharing and for joining us at Stamp With Fun!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! Cathy, this is so very sweet!! :) I love all those snowflakes and I hope you feel better soon!! Sending hugs!

Lynda said...

Love the bell ringing Tilda image. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining in with Winter Wonderland.

Lynda xxx

Teri said...

I love this Tilda ... she's one of my favourites! Love the colours you've used too and the way you've coloured her.

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xxx

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card, so much detail and fabulous colouring.
Barbara
xx

Nilla said...

Beautiful card, love that Tilda and the colors! Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for joining us at SWF! Hugs Nilla

Joey said...

Hi Cathy

GORGEOUS card, I love this tilda too, I find myself saying that alot lol, gorgeous colourwork. Thanks for joining us at ww

Joey.x

Liza said...

A gorgeous card and such a sweet Tilda image. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your scene is stunning. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

tanjaak said...

So lovely. Thanks for joining the Stamp with Fun challenge, hope to see you in the next one aswell.

hugs, Tanja

Chris said...

Beautiful card Cathy and such a sweet Tilda too. Love your colouring and wonderful design. Hope you're feeling better now. Glad you could join us this time at BG Challenges, Chris and the DT :)

~Tammy~ said...

Very cute take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along this week

Pop's Cards said...

This is a really FAB card, a fantastic take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week, hugs pops x x x

Pop's Cards said...

This is a really FAB card, a fantastic take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week, hugs pops x x x

Victoria said...

I know I'm a bit behind after being away but on catch up!

Gorgeous card hun, love the detail and the colours

Great to see you at Creative Card Crew this week

Victoria
x