Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Animal Antics meets a sketch!

I have had poor Henry coloured up on my desk for days ... and no card to go on. So I have combined this week's WOJ challenge, a fab sketch, with Simon Says Stamp's animal antics theme. I have to say Henry is the only lucky mouse in our house ... Miffy is in killer mode at the mo and we are having about 4 'gifts' a day ...what a lovely puddy cat she is!!!
Henry has been watercoloured and matted onto red cardstock. I added lace for the scallop edge and a big band of green velvet (last bit :() with some red ric rac. I moved the sentiment as it covered Henry's ear, so I added a flower where the text was. I'm thinking the paper combination is a bit busy ... not sure - what do you think?

I don't often plug people, but I needed to treat myself yesterday so I ordered some flowers and tulle and pearls from Tab ... it aarrived this morning!! How fast is that ... and I ordered mid-afternoon. I am definitely shopping there again ... only problem is ... the flowers are so gorgeous I can't use them!!!! They need to be admired and stroked LOL!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Henry with Bauble; Cuddly Buddly sentiment
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Wassail
Embellishments: prima flowers, ribbon and lace from stash

19 comments:

JAN said...

wow such a super cute card adore the colours very sweet indeed

Ali Watson said...

Great card Cathy, he is such a cutie. Lol @ you stroking flowers i only do that with papers lol. Have a fab day.

Mrs Bs Blog said...

WOW WOW WOW! This is one fabby card. The colours are lovely and the image is soooooo sweet. xxx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, love the colours on this. I also ordered from tab yesterday and received today, fab service she gives!!
Clairex

helencreaty1 said...

i love that stamp, it so funny, when i see that stamp i think i am looking at my hamster lol =P, fab card
hugsssss
helen

Linda said...

Wow what a cute and lovely card
Linda

Sheila said...

What a darling card, Cathy! Love the colors and I think the paper combination is great.

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful!! Love your coloring.. Thanks for playing this week!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy.

Hugs Riet.x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Cathy!
Love the papers...not too busy at all!
Have fun playing with your new goodies! ;0)
Helen x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) I love this image and the papers are fab,,,they look just sumptious together ! :-)

My little HM has bit the dust am afraid,,, :-( he has been living happily under my sink since July but Gypsy finally caught up with him today :-( Amy cried alot :-(

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Lovely image of Henry...he's too cute! And your rick rack and papers look perfect together!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

Victoria said...

not too busy - the white space balances it all out. I love it.
Always fab to get great customer service isn't it?

Victoria
x

Anonymous said...

really cute card hunny I LOVEEEEEEE it! :0)

Nilla said...

Cathy, is gorgeous! Poor Henry? he is so lucky to have found his way to this beautiful card! Hugs Nilla

Squirrel x said...

Another fabbie card hun! You are so clever. Love Henry and I really like your paper choice, so festive. Brilliant. Hugs, Squirrel xx PS. I'm packing Vince off to you for some lessons from Miffy!

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and those papers are fabulous.
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

brilliant card! love the colours.

Thanks for joining the Simon says Stamp Challenge

Anna

debby4000 said...

Oh he is adorable, gorgeous card. Can't believe I missed him.
luv
Debby