I have finally completed a couple of quick cards ... well they would have been quick if I had made them in one go!!!
The first one uses the Papertake Weekly sketch (another fabby one) that I have flipped, Stampavie and more's Stars challenge, and Creative Inspirations colour challenge - red and black.

I have had this Gorguss girl coloured in these colours for a few days - big intentions to make a card for a friend of Ellie's (she's a big girl - 10 next birthday!!!) I used flipped the sketch and stamped a border. The stars are made with my nesties, cut onto black card and then gold embossed, as is the sentiment. Simple black ribbon with some red ric-rac finishes it. The colour combo is stunning, and the gold just adds a bit!
This card is for a friend's wedding - I don't usually do wedding cards, but I thought I would make their card for a change.
I used the Create4fun sketch and the allsorts wedding challenge.

The glasses are stamed in versamark and embossed using gold embossing powder. The paper is from my stash. I used black velvet ribbon to add a bit of texture, and the greeting isn't an oval as it would have been huge with congratulations written in it!! I have kept it simple and added no flowers as I wanted a glittery, stylish card.
Sorry about the bad light - it has rained all day today and trying to find a light place has been ... well impossible!
Recipe:
Stamp(s):Sugar Nellie Gorguss Girl Little Star; Papermania Joyeux Noel set
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: from stash
Embellishments: ribbon from stash
18 comments:
Cathy, both of these are so shimmer gold and pretty!! Nice "quick" cards!! HUGS
Wow Cathy these are fab. Love the first card especially the Wish sentiment - its so cute
love tasha xx
Both Gorjuss cards Cathy, love the red and black combo. She looks so good!
Clairex
both great projects,hun love the shimmer its so pretty,love the wish sentiment too love cheryl xxxx
A couple of really good cards Cathy, Love the wedding one so elegant and the colour combo is fab.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
waw the both card are amazing ,
well done
çhugssss
helen
Both cards are lovely and thanks for being so quick off the mark with our challenge at creative inspiration. xx
Great cards love the embossed glasses they give such a rich feel to the card
thanks for playing at Allsorts
Emma xxx
Superbes cartes.
Merci de ta participation à Stampavie and More
Hi Cathy
Wow - how lovely is your wedding card.
This will be treasured by your friend for ever I am sure.
Your backing paper is gorgeous!
Thank you for playing along with Allsorts this week.
Love Jules xx
love the black and gold scheme and the image is fab
thanks for joining in the wedding challenge at Allsorts :o)
lotsalove
Amanda xx
hi cathy
your card is absolutely gorgeous
thanks for joining us at stamapvie & more
xoxo BA
Hi Cathy
Gorgeous card - love the swirls in the background and the colours are beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
take care
Debs xx
Twp gorgeous card Cathy. Love all the gold.
Glenda
So lovely cards, Cathy!
An adorable image and beautiful colors.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne -:)
Gorgeous card thanks for joining in at Crreative Inspirations this week!
Gorgeous, gorgeous cards!! I especially love the Sugar Nellie stamp, and you've made her extra beautiful!! Fabulous coloring!!
i love the red card!! the girl is so cute and red is one of my favourite colors!!
Post a Comment