Sunday, 21 August 2011

Sunday's offerings ...


All the unpacking has been done, washing on, children have re-familiarised themselves with all their toys (house is now a mess!!) and the hoover has blown up ... but amid all that I have made a card!!!

A very simple card I admit!!  I used a SU stamp, and used my pencils to colour in bits of it.  I paper periced round the card blank and then thought I would use a whirte pencil rather than gel pen to stitch ... not the best effect, but lesson duly learned!!  Finally I added some bakers twine.

CHallenges:
Less is More  - things that move
Fab n Funky - stitch in time
Charisma Cardz - negative space

Sugar Nellie are getting ready for their next release of stamps ... ohh and they are CRACKING, you will not only want them but NEED them!!!
Right I am off to get some food shopping done - the family seem to want me to feed them!!  and buy a new hoover ... joy of joys!


21 comments:

Chrissie said...

Glad you are glad to be back to crafting... sorry about the Hoover!
This is a lovely card Cathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Beautiful colouring. x

Sarn said...

Terrific card. I love this sailboat image.

Hugs, Sandra

Andrea said...

beautiful coloring and lovely card

Jo Street said...

Gorgeous card, love the colouring.
Jo x

Mandi said...

simple, but bloomin marvellous Cathy
love it!

Thanks so much
Mandi
Diva LIM
"Less is more"

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, what a stunning card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Kathyk said...

Glad you're settling in - and back to crafting with this super duper card, perfect for a guy

Kathyk

Suzi B said...

I agree with Mandi... bloomin marvelous! it's strong yet delicate.
Suzi B :)

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Cathy.....!

have a lovely afternoon...hugs Vicky xx

StampingStace said...

A very lovely card, I have this stamp but never thought of using it on the kraft like that - stunning!
Stacey x

Zoechaos said...

Your stitching looks fabulous! Smashing card XOXO Zoe

Sarina said...

What a beautiful card.
Simple, delicate with a great stamp

karen said...

Fab Cathy, I love the design and the stitching looks good to me! Thanks for joining us at fab n funky this week,Karenx

kelly said...

Love this card , I have this stamp and am ashamed to say that I haven't inked it up yet!!
Must go do it!
Kelly xx

Donna said...

fab card - I'm now going to have to add that stamp to my wish list! x

Viv said...

Just perfect, well done :O) Viv xx

nnalorac said...

Such a fab card, lovely image. Card making so less frustrating than housework! Carolxx

Anonymous said...

I love this Stampin Up stamp and it looks beautiful the way you've coloured it. hugs, Gill x

Vikki said...

Great card....love the sailing boat!!

Sarah said...

There is real beauty in simplicity... a great card and wonderful colouring!
Thanks for sharing
Sarah at 192