Monday, 17 January 2011

Little Light of Mine

I had a disastrous afternoon yesterday ... sat down to colour some images in for some DT work I wanted to get done ... ohhh the mess!!! Between bleeding inks and a cat with muddy paw prints there was nothing to show for it!!!
Except this .. I finally resorted to distress inks and a play, and the cat curled up and went to sleep!!!!

 I coloured this ickle cuties in my distress inks and then faux stitched round the outside of the image in a starlight gel pen.  I kept the layout very simple, just embossing the background with my Swiss dots folder and added a corner of dp, oh and some ribbon.  I haven't added a sentiment, not really into sentiments!!  But I think I will probably give this to one of my friend's for her birthday ... think its OK for a birthday card :)

Challenges -
Basic Grey - Spots and Dots
Totally Papercrafts - Happy Birthday
Pollycraft Challenge - sweet pastel colours
Stamp Something - Anything Goes


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Little Light of Mine
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Eva
Embellishments: from stash

10 comments:

Victoria said...

very beautiful x

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning you do such gorgeous work big hugs pops x x x

Vicky said...

Simply stunning Cathy, gorgeous image and I love the simple layout too :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

nessy said...

wow!! simply stunning card cathy ~ love that sweet image ~perfect "birthday" card!!
vanessa xx

Sue said...

Hi Cathy
aww a gorgeous card, fab colouring, luv the design,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card Cathy, love the image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

debby4000 said...

What a cute, gorgeous card Cathy.
luv
Debby

Joey said...

Hiya Cathy

this is fab a great image, love the embossing, thanks forjoining us at TPC

Joey xxx

Lou said...

Hi! Cathy i just LOVE your card,so pretty and it truly doesn't need a sentiment.
thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,hugs Lou.xx

Anonymous said...

This is just adorable Cathy!! Love the papers!! :) Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!!HUGS