Thursday, 20 January 2011

Keeping cosy

 I have started my Christmas cards LOL!!  I couldn't resist stamping this cutie up ...I do love HM stamps :)
 I coloured the image using my distress inks and then inked the edges.  I added polar white flower soft for a little texture and snow.    I embossed the white cardstock and snowflakes using my CB folders.  I little ribbon and a couple of punched and stickled snowflakes finish it off.

It fits these challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Bingo - punches, embossing, ribbon
Cute Card Thursday - 3,2,1 recipe - 3 papers, 2 snowflakes, 1 ribbon/image
House Mouse and Friends - embossing

Stampavie and More - sketch
 Everybody-Art-Challenge - snow

Recipe: 
Stamp(s):  House Mouse from Tobaggan set
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Jovial
Embellishments: from stash

22 comments:

Ali Watson said...

This is fabulous Cathy and such a fabby image too. Love it.

MWah

Ali x

Chrissy said...

Are they not the cutest little things.Very,very cute card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky said...

A very cute card Cathy and such an adorable image too. Just love it!!:o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous cute image great take on the embossing chall..fab layout..thanks for sharing & joining us at HM & Friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine xx

Sue said...

Hi Cathy
aww totally gorgeous card, fabulous colouring, gorgeous papers & layout, thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) oohh such a cute image and the sparkle and embossing are fab ,,, :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp and HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

sorry i haven't been around much ,,,lots going on here !!! :-) xx

Sue said...

Such a cute image choice for the snowflake embossing! Great mix of papers for the layers too. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card Cathy.
luv
Debby

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image, cute. Thank you for joining House Mouse challenge
Happy crafting
Tracy x
House Mouse GD for January

Heather said...

Hi Cathy, goodness me you won't be caught out with Christmas card this year will you?
Love your adorable image, fabulous embossing and great design and layering.

So glad you could join us at House Mouse and the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx
ps Beth's card is in the post and a packet sent a week or so ago!!

Macpurp said...

great card.....I say every year I will do this....can't bear the thought just yet thought.
love teen x

Julie said...

Super cute card. Adorable image. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Your card is just lovely, I love the snowflakes, and the image it is just wonderful, great job!!!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie a gorgeous creation i love the colours, the papers are fab too, big hugs love pops x x x

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Cathy - gorgeous image and colours.
Pauline x

Lisa said...

Super cute project! Thanks for joining us at HM&F Challenge!

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, christmas cards ! I was so pleased to put all my stuff away for another year ! Gorgeous card I can see why you couldn't resist inking up !!

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Lori Barnett said...

Hi Cathy. Thanks so much for joining us for the embossing challenge on HM & Friends Challenge Blog. We love seeing all the wonderful creations made with the mice :) Your card is adorable.

Valérie Goldenschue said...

what a cute card

thanks for joining us at SAM this week

Sue from Oregon said...

Okay...I am going to start making some Christmas cards too! I only got 5 made last year...Thanks for the wonderful inspiration...and thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

America said...

fab paper combo! Lovely design & take on the embossing. Adorable HM card. Thanks for joining us at HM&F Monday Challenge Blog. :)

Natascha said...

Amazing cards. Aww, so cute and pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs, Natascha