Monday, 10 January 2011

Challenge cards

 I had a colouring session last night, so I had to craft this morning rather than do house work!!!

I used one of the Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy range ... luv a latte and coloured her in using my pens.
 I followed the sketch from Sketch Saturday, and rather than use lots of dp, I used white cardstock for the background, and used my martha Stewart board to score the diamond pattern .. its works perfectly with the BG Marjolaine papers I chose.  I added some card candy and a PB sentiment. As it is a thank you card it also fits this week's Totally Papercrafts challenge.

My second card also used Luv a Latte ... I have been experimenting with same colours and paper pads differernt looks for the same image ...
 I followed the sketch challenge from CRAFT this week, and the recipe from Creative Inspirations fitted perfectly with the sketch.  I layered up some ribbon and some mulberry flowers and added a button to the centre of the flower.  It also fits the Basic Grey challenge, spots and dots.


And finally ...card 3 ...
 I used this gorgeous fairy, Clover,toadstool dreams, and coloured it using my pens.  I adapted the sketch from Sketch Saturday, and used the same scored diamond background as before.  I added some card candy to finish.  I am entering this into the POllycraft Challenge, and Cupcake Craft challegne, as both are asking for something new .. .this image hs been used for the first time ... so its new :)  oh and scoring is a new technique for me.

I am going to bite the bullet and have a go fot the Simply Sassy GDT call ...
Make a Simply Sassy card with the style you love the most. Show me what your good at.
( I'll give you good time so that you can manage to get some SS stamps if you don't have)
 Post your card in your blog and tell your readers about our GDT call, and link it here with the blue frog

Off to watch Tinkerbell with Beth ... hope I stay awake LOL!!


 

15 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, three gorgeous cards, as always. Your colouring is fantastic and I love the scoring technique. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
ps good luck with the Sassy DT call

Rach said...

oh wow Cathy you have been super busy.. great cards. I really like the scored diamond paper that you created with your scorboard.. xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

3 great cards. Love your colouring.
Good luck with the DT call.
Thanks for joining the Totally Papercrafts 'Thank you' Challenge this week.
Caroline xxx

Katy said...

Absolutely gorgeous array of cards with beautiful images. Thank you for playing along with this weeks theme of a Recipe over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! Hugs. Katy. xxx

Karen said...

Totally stunning cards Cathy !

Love Karen x

Jo said...

2 beautiful cards Cathy *claps*
Thank you for joining in the fun at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Sarah said...

3 amazing cards Cathy! Looks like you had a good session last night as they look fab!
Good luck with the DT call.
Sarah xx :0)

Nikbee said...

Wonderful cards. Thank you for joining in at CRAFT challenge.

Nikki x
GDT for CRAFT for January.

Lou said...

Hi! Cathy Oh! Wow you have been so busy,all of your cards are just gorgeous and love all of the layering.
The blues/greens together look lovely and your last card is very pretty.
thanks for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,Good Luck!
hugs Lou & DT.xx
Was Tinkerbell good?

Faye said...

Wow, all three of these are awesome, I love the funky papers. Thanks for playing at Cupcake! x

Kelly Schelske said...

All three are fabulous Cathy!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable cute cards Cathy.
luv
Debby

Anne said...

Hi Cahty
You've been busy:) Smashing cards, love what you did with your scoreboard.
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts this week and good luck
Anne x

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous cards Cathy. Love the images you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Jo Nevill said...

Great cards Cathy, that was a good crafting session. Love the image you have used and your homemade, scored paper.

I had a sleep through Tinkerbell at the weekend - lovely !

Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week and good luck !

Hugs,

Jo xxxx