Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Brown and blue

I did some colouring last night with my distress inks and when I colour in batches I tend to use the same colours ... browns and blues in this case. I coloured them to go with the gorgeous My Minde Eyes papers I have. But they fit with a couple of challenges - yeah!!!
A spoonfull of Sugar's challegne is brown plus pink or blue, Everybody-Art-Challegne is Christmas, as is the Papertake Weekly Challenge.
I have used the same layout for both cards.Tilda is watercoloured and cut out using my nesties. I stickled her hair band and bits around the flowers. I distressed the image rather than put it on a mat. I matted the dp onto blue cardstock and added blue ribbon and a bow. The sentiment is stamped in blue ink.

Same goes for this one ... except it's the halo and stars that are stickled.


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Tilda with Vintage Roses, Tilda Christmas Angel
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: MME
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

11 comments:

Bubbles said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy, such a sweet image and really liking those papers! Thanks for joining us at ASFoS this week.
Joanne x

Jill said...

beautiful cards Cathy I love the cute tilda images thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Mrs Bs Blog said...

These are so beautiful. Love the images. xxx

Lorraine A said...

OOhh I have just posted a card for the Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge using the same papers ,,, :-) Gorgeous cards Cathy :-) Beautiful images and I love the papers too !!!! lol :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Pauline C said...

2 beautiful cards - these images are so pretty I think I could be converting to Tilda - scary for me lol! Love the adorable soft colour scheme on these cards
Pauline x

Chrissie said...

What adorable cards Cathy, love these new Tildas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Cathy.thanks for playing along with us on ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Sheila said...

Two darling Tildas and I love the brown and blue - nice to have the variety of colors in Christmas cards.

Alex said...

such a cute card!
Thanks for joining EAC!
Hugs, Alex

Anonymous said...

I love the distressed vintage look of these cards and the beautifully colored sweet Tildas! Thank you for joining us at EAC!

Mel X said...

This is very prett. Love the colours and those papers are gorgeous

Mel X