Saturday, 23 May 2009

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge 33

This week's challenge has been chosen by Gina, and it is
New Beginnings

I immediately thought baby, and have a fab stamp that I haven't inked up for ages!


I love these House Mouses - don't they look so cute. I do find House Mouse images quite hard to colour, so I tend to stamp in Sepia and do a bit of shading. I used DCWV Nursery stack for the papers and chose turquoise and lemon as the colour theme. I watercoloured the image and matted it. I embossed the coredinations paper using swiss dots and a buttons border, and then distressed it. I loved the curved paper from a recent Friday Sketcher challenge so used that again. I added yellow organza ribbon and white ric rac, and stamped the sentiment in sepia.

Do visit the other DT members' blogs and I look forward to seeing your New Beginnings.

Recipe:
Stamp(s):
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Coredinations cardstock, DCWV Nursery Stack
Embellishments: ribbons from stash

17 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful !!!

Love Karen xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy.

Hugs Riet.x

Nilla said...

Beautiful card! Hugs Nilla

Pauline C said...

Very cute Cathy and beautifully colorued - the sepia image is a great idea for HM stamps
Pauline x

Kaz said...

Your colouring looks great and that button border is brilliant. Fab card!
Kaz xx

Marcie Sharp said...

House Mouse images are always so sweet! Lovely card!

Jackie said...

Lovely image, I haven't got any House Mouse stamps they're on my wish list. I hope to join in with this challenge this week.
Jackie

nessy said...

what a perfect image for a baby card ~ adorable card
vanessa xx

Becky said...

So pretty Cathy, love this image, so sweet!!
Hope you're having a fab weekend!!
Love Becky xx

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, I just love the cute image :)
Gina xxx

Simone said...

What a cute card! Really beautiful!
Simone

Anonymous said...

How cute! Great color combo. and layout. Keep on stampin' on!

Macpurp said...

this is just beautiful!
I have the same problem with colouring HM stamps, great idea about stamping in sepia.

love tina x

cheryl said...

love this hun such a sweet image and love the papers love cherylxxxxxxx

Desire Fourie said...

Aaaah, I just love that adorable image. Lovely creation. Hugs from Desire

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous image - thanks for the tip of inking in Sepia regarding the colouring - think I will try that too ;)

Carol x

Anonymous said...

i love this soooooo cute!! nice done in the sepia too! :0)