Sunday, 10 May 2009

Pink again!

We went to a wedding yesterday - it was a fantastic day, but really long. We didn't get home until after 11pm and girls only went to sleep on the way home. They are shattered today but determined to play and generally make a mess and lots of noise!!!
They were really well behaved and looked beautiful so here are a couple of photos of them (they are in the 'we don't look at the camera' phase!)
This is Ellie ... (cheap Tescos dress, expensive shoes!!)

And this is Beth (cheap Matalan dress and expensive shoes!!)
They have been pestering for Lelli Kelly shoes for monthes thanks to that irritating advert on the telly, so we finally agreed to buy them some for the wedding as a local shop sells them. I nearly had heart failure when I found out the price of them!!! Hence the cheap dresses!

Anyway I was wide awake at 5am thanks to the cat so I got up and made a card. I combined this week's Sketch Saturday with the Penny Black Saturday challenge, black, white and one other colour. Its a birthday card for a close friend who likes pink ... so its pink!!I watercoloured the image and then distressed the background with an ink pad. I used dark pink cardstock and these papers from DCWV. I added black velevet ribbon, the sentiment and some flowers from Poppicrafts and put pink gems in the middle.

I have had a productive morning - the washing is on the line, another wash in the machine and the Tescos run done and put away ... so after lunch the girls are going to bed and I am going to craft so I can blog hop later. I have been really bad at blog hopping this last week ... working more hours (and again this next week :() and my laptop is not very well. I am thinking of replacing it it is getting so unpredictable.

Have a great Sunday.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Light the Night; Saluations sentiment
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: DCWV adhesive stack
Embellishments: flowers, gems and ribbon from stash

16 comments:

clare said...

gorgeous pics of the girls hun...and your card is lovely.
why not pop over to this weeks new sketch challenge sunday sketch & stamp..there's a surprise there for you....congrats hun xx
clare SS&S DT xx

Macpurp said...

beautiful pictures of your wee ones!
lovely dresses and fantastic shoes!
Love that card, pretty pink & girlie.

love tina x

brenda said...

Lovely card Cathy, matches those expensive shoes !

Brenda x

Karen said...

Stunning card Cathy. Love the colour combo.
The girls look so sweet. I don't know about you but I usually pay more for Flynns shoes than I do my own. LOL

Love Karen xxx

tracie said...

Well im not sure whats more gorgeous Ellie & Beth or your card.. the girls I think ~ they looks great in their new shoes.
Love your card too hun, especially the gorgeous pink.
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC.. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hugs
Tracie :)x

p.s thanks for my gorgeous birthday card hun ~ I loved it xx

Debbie said...

Very pretty..one of my favortie stamps to use for teens...great job with the sketch

Janiel/ janny said...

Your girls are GORGEOUS!!! love thier dresses and i can seem to see those shoe so good but they look very cute! Oh yea that card is great too! lol.........

janny

Helen said...

Awwww....the girls look gorgeous in their new dresses and shoes!
Fab card too...I think you're starting to like pink! lol
Helen x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card...love the colour combo...gorgeous papers and that cute image......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...Hugs Kath xxxx
and two little sweeties...so cute in their wedding finery

Anonymous said...

Aren't they adorable. Love the dresses and the shoes. wish I could get a pair to fit me they are really funky:) smashing card pink i see lol. Love it.

Beth said...

Great colour choice and these papers are fab! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx
(Your girls look so sweet!)

Powerful Search Engine said...

Card and girls look beautiful!!! Hugs Pascale, Oh lelli Kelly the cutest shoes oh yeah!!!

Pauline C said...

Fab card - love the colour combo and alyout. Great pics of the girls at the wedding - v funky shoes! Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

COCO said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, I fall in love with this image the more
Thanks for joining us this week at SS !!
Hugs COCO

Sanne said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! It is really a nice card and a good idea to combine both challenges!
Sanne :o)

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I love Lelli Kellys- wish I was 5 again lol. The girls look absolutely stunning.
Love your blog,lots of fabulous ideas and inspiration.
I hope (having read your latest post) that Beth is making a recovery. Crafting kind of gives your head something to do other than worry when you are on auto pilot doesnt it.
Love this pink card too..so pretty.