Friday, 15 May 2009

Combined challenge card

We're having a bit of a stressful week. Beth has been poorly and ended up in hospital on Wednesday as she was listless and couldn't keep awake, and was complaining of pains in her head and eyes. After hours of no information and not alot of doing, they decided she has a bad viral infection and sent her home. She is slowly geting better but crafting was put on hold as my Mum came down to have Ellie while we were at hospital and decided to stay until we werre sure Beth wasn't going to need to go back to hospital. Mum told me to do some crafting this morning so I have made a couple of cards ... but very lacking in mojo - think I am too tired.
Anyway I have combined the WOJ challenge, friendship card, with the Friday Sketcher sketch and the CCT challenge, to use letters and numerals.

I watercoloured Melinda and cut her out (I have just noticed that I forgot a bit doh!!) and matted her onto the dp. I used papers from the same pack for the circles and backing. I added the green ribbon and cut out the letters using my CB Olivia font. I did ponder flowers but they just didn't look right ... so no flowers and a very plain and simple card.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Helpful Melinda
Colouring Media: Distressinks
Papers: Basic Grey Eva
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

15 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful and elegant card!

Greetings,
Saskia

Lilacanglia said...

Beautiful card,
I do hope she gets better real quick
Hugs
Angie

Jacque said...

Cathy, somtimes plain and simple is best...very attractive card and such a cute image...thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers...Hugs..Jacque

Riet said...

wAHT A BEAUTIFUL CARD cATHY,L LOVE THE IMAGE AND COLOURS.

hUGS rIET.X

Dawn said...

Hi Cathy

Gorgeous card - love the design!


Hugs
Dawn
x

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card Cathy. Love the image and the colours you've used. I hope your DD gets better real soon. Hugs Michele x

Deb said...

just beautiful, she is one of my favourite images! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great weekend! Debx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Great card I love the wording hugs Pascale

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

fabulous card Cathy. thank you for joining us at the Friday Sketcher challenge this week
have a great weekend
hugs
claudia

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is really cute, cathy

Unknown said...

oh really fantastic and sooo cute.
thank you for joining the friday sketchers challenge.
hugs, bea

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful Card! I love the colours!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers this week!

Hugs Tanja

Lyn said...

brilliant card, love that image and the colours you have used.
Hope Beth is feeling better really soon

Anonymous said...

This is fab CAthy, love it. she is gorgeous and fab colouring too.

BA said...

so a sweet card
xoxo BA