Friday, 8 May 2009

Lilac!!

I seem to be getting into another colour theme at the mo (the pink phase is OVER!!!!). I do love lilac and will confess to around 100 metres of lilac and purple ribbon!!!! I have combined this week's Friday Sketcher .. I can't believe its almost a year since they set up, and I think I have done all of them!! ... with the Just Magnolia. I can't resist a bit of faux stitching!

I watercoliured the iamge and cut her out. I cut the layers out using some of my nesties and then went to town with the inking and stitching!! I matted Tilda so she is sitting just outside her background. I sneezed (hayfever/cold) as I was putting the first layer down so it is at a sharper angle than it should be - opps! I punched some flowers out of co-ordinating papers and inked them and added pearls. Finally I added the punched swirls. Oh I forgot - I added a bit of that huge amount of ribbon I have (isn't it so strokeable!!) I resisted the urge to decorate the plain corners, I think it might have made it too fussy.
The electricity came back on at just after 4pm ... it was a long day without the telly for Beth. She refused to have a sleep this afternoon and I could really have done with plonking her in front of anything with a colourful moving picture, just to help tip over the edge!!

Ellie crafted with me for a bit while Beth trashed the bedroom, and then we all tidied up ... for the umpteenth time today LOL!!

Well it is bedtime for the girls and then I need to cook Dave his tea ... he still isn't home! Hopefully I'll be back later to do some blog hopping.

I have exciting news for tomorrow...

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Swing Tilda
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Kanban
Embellishments: punched flowers and swirls, ribbon and pearls from stash

25 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Beautiful card,
and I agree you cant get a better colour than lilac,
Hugs
Angie

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Cathy - love the colour!
Helen x

Riet said...

Wowwww Cathy,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

karen said...

lovely card, lilac is a really pretty colour and you have used it really great. i have something for you on my blog x karen x

Becky said...

Beautiful card Cathy, I love the lilac tones, and your faux stitching is fantastic!!
Hope you've had a great week!
love Becky xx

Anonymous said...

This is fab honey, love it. Glad you survived the day. Have a good weekend.

Samantha Mellor said...

Lovely.... no more to be said.LOL SamX

Macpurp said...

this is beautiful! I do love a bit of lilac!
beautiful card.

love tina x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) Love the Tilda imege and the papers you used are just beautiful !! Love the faux stitching too :-)
Wonder what your news is !! hmmm :-)

Lorraine x x

CraftyC said...

Wow Cathy, a fantastic card. Love the colours and the gorgeous LO. Have a lovely weekend and welcome aboard the SCSC!
Clairex

jenny said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, looks fab all in lilac tones x I love lilac too!

Jenny x

cheryl said...

beautiful card love the colours too love cheryl xx

Nilla said...

Lovely card, I am also a huge fan of this great colour! Have a nice weekend! hugs Nilla

Powerful Search Engine said...

I love lilac too Cathy fab card hugs Pascale

brenda said...

Adroable card Cathy, love lilac.

Have a great weekend.

Brenda x

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous hun love yoru Liliac phase
Hugs Jacqui x

Jacque said...

Cathy, what a lovely card...your colors are so soft and pretty!! Thanks for joining us on Friday Sketchers!! Hugs..Jacque

Joy said...

Very pretty card Cathy I love lilac too and your faux stitching is fab xx

Carol said...

Love your Lilac phase!!

Beautiful card

Bev said...

Oh this is so pretty Cathy - the colours are beautiful and Tilda looks so adorable in Lilac. Fabulous detail too. Thanks for joining us this week x

Rach said...

brilliant card sweetie, great papers and colouration . thank you for joining us at just magnolia.x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lilac card, so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole :-)

Cardmaking Galore said...

great card - love the monochromatic look

Yvonne said...

Love the colours on your beautiful card. Just think the layout is so fab

wendy said...

wow...beautiful card and colours

Wendy:)