Wednesday, 6 May 2009

ABC challenge ... M is for ...

Metallic
For this challenge we'd like to see metal on your cards .. .
it can be charms, wire, beads, metallic papers

I love this Penny Black, but haven't inked it up for ages. I decoupaged it so it sat outside the star. I watercoloured it and added some stickles to the moon. I cut out the stars using my nesties and distressed the image background using black soot ink and silver and smearing them together. I have kept the background quite simple, just black cardstock with silver inked edges and this gorgeous DCWV glittered paper. Finally I added silver wire and threaded beads on to it.

Do check out the Design teams cards and visit Samantha's blog. She is our Guest Designer again and is offering another little prize.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Cat on the Moon
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: DCWV Glitter stack
Embellishments: silver wire and beads from stash

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, love the cute image and how you've used the colours. Great work!
Hugs xx
Pat

Kristen H said...

Love the metallic addition to this card. That Penny Black image is darling too! I love the design to this card!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Wow Cathy this is stunning.
hugs
Sue

Crafting Diva said...

Hi thank you so much for visting my blog wow this card is fab love the cute image and colour tones.

Anonymous said...

Scrumdiddlyumptious this is fantastic Cathy, love it. Jack is doing great not seen him for a couple of days got him tomorrow though so will take a new picci. Have a fab day.

jenny said...

Fantastic card, love the image and the glittery paper and the wire and beads look fab x

Jennyx

Anonymous said...

Cathy this card is sooooo cute I just love that image and it works so well with this metalic challenge! love the wire with the beads on too! Samantha :0)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy.

Hugs Riet.x

Helen said...

This if fab Cathy! Love the stars and beads...and of course the papers! ;0)
Helen x

~Emma~ said...

Hmmmm...just thought I'd sneak in and take a peek! LOL! Hello hun. Have missed you and the girls!

Unknown said...

The silver wire with threaded beads really adds a lot to this supper cut card! I am going to have to remember that. Great idea!

Pauline C said...

Fantastic card Cathy - great image and colour combo ... best bit is it is my birthday card so many thanks :-) I love the beaded wire and keep feeling tempted to play with it !
Hugs
Pauline x