Saturday, 8 January 2011

CAS Joy

 My lovely blogging buddy and at times DT teamie Ali and I both love CAS cards.  Ali is much braver than me and regularly blogs her's ... I am getting better at it!!
We have a ickle challegne between us for CAS cards and Ali set the theme 'one for the girls' ... and here is my card ...
 I just could not resist this gorgeous Sugar Nellie digi Joy, and she is a dream to colour.  As I was doing a CAS card I kept the colour scheme very simple .. .blue.  I just couldn't bring myself to do pink Ali, sorry!!!!  I followed the sketch over at Totally Gorguss as it is perfect for CAS cards.  The white cardstock is embossed using my Swiss dots folder.  I left part of it unembossed to fit the sketch and added some thin ribbon.  This week's Paper Play challenge is clean and simple so I am entering it into that too.  Stampin for the Weekend have a new and blue challenge .. new image and blue, oh and as Joy is a digi I am entering it into this week's digi day challenge over at Stamp Something.

I will be back later with some amazing stamps from InStyle Stamps .. Virginia is definitely spoiling us this month.

Recipe: 
Stamp(s):   Sugar Nellie Joy
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: 
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

12 comments:

Victoria said...

stunning this image is on my wishlist

Juanita said...

This is beautiful, love the image. You did an awesome job coloring her in.

Vicky said...

Hiya again hun!

She is too beautiful for words!, love the CES look :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Kat said...

What a beautiful CAS card Cathy. I do like the CAS look even though I don't often do it myself. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat xx

Ali Watson said...

Wow this is stunning Cathy.Eh you are way ahead of me I thought it was Wednesday we were posting lol. Just making SFS card then will start my CAS card.

Love Love Love her

Ali x

Sarah said...

She's so beautiful, such a sweet face. Your colouring is superb hun!
Sarah xx :0)

Mary J said...

Very very pretty! Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and hope to see more creativity at our next challenge!

Mary J xxx

Sharman said...

Wow......I love this image. You did a fabulous job.......

Chrissy said...

This image has to be on my wishlist too. Its totally gorgeous as is your coloring of her and the clean and simple is perfect.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Rach said...

a gorgeous CAS card Cathy. good for you for blogging them.. I just love this style of card..xxx

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful image and fab coloring!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS

Mummylade said...

such a lovely creation, I love that image too! Thank you so much for entering our new and blue challenge at SFTW and good luck!