Saturday, 13 November 2010

Christmas trees

I have had a really busy week ... where does the time go?  And I have still got this horrible cold and chest infection.  I haven't done much crafting this last week, but have done some colouring ... so I am in the process of getting some cards done.  Oh and of course knock some challenges on the head!!  Both cards cover these challenges ...

Craft Your Days Away - Christmas trees
Totally Gorguss - Traditional Christmas  Colours
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Everyone-Art-Challenge - Sketch
My Partner in Crafting Crime - Marker Madness
 I coloured this fab imager from InStyle Stamps, Christmas Tree Chick in using my pens, and added gold stickles to the tree, and glossy acents to the baubles and candy cane.  I followed the EAC sketch, and added some angel hair paper and green organza ribbon, and some card candy.    The design paper is one I have had for a couple of years and have always struggled to use as the pattern is rather large!

Recipe: 
Stamp(s): InStyle Stamps, Christmas Tree Chick
Colouring Media: Promarkers - Sunkissed pink, blush, ivory, burgundy, crimson, ruby, holly, pine, forest green, vanilla; Copics E29, E37, E35, E33, E31, Y17
Papers: DCWV
Embellishments: card candy, ribbon


And don't forget we have a great  Colour Challenge over at InStyle Stamps  and there are lots of fab Christmas images in store at InStyle Stamps.
Here is the photo for the challenge ... lots of fab Christmassy colours.

Onto my second card ...
 And this card also covers House Mouse and friend You gotta have friends challenge.

 I think this is a fab Christmas image!  I used the EAC sketch and dp,, just to make life simple!!  The image is coloured using my pens and I glossed up the baubles.  Just hope that the mice Miffy brings in don't get any ideas!!!

 Recipe: 
Stamp(s): House Mouse Footloose
Colouring Media: Copics and promarkers
Papers: DCWV
Embellishments: card candy, orgnaza ribbon

9 comments:

Victoria said...

both gorjuss cards particularily love th ehouse mouse stamp, love how you have done the eyes on the in style too

nessy said...

oh gorgeous cards cathy ~such sweet images and love the paper!!
vanessa xx
ps have a big jar of vicks if you need any!!LOL!! working for me and the rest of the ill people in my house!!

Unknown said...

Both wonderful card Cathy, such cute images.

Thanks for joining us over at CYDA challenges.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Sue said...

Both cards are bright and cheerful holiday cards! Love the little mice playing with the ornaments, and you have colored it up beautifully. Thanks for joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue Drees

America said...

Beautiful coloring of that adorable HM card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous cards cathy :-) both of them are fabulous :-)

hope you feel better soon :-) xx

thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and friends Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Robin said...

Great cards!! Love the stickles on the tree! Thanks for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

Sue said...

Hi Cathy
aww two gorgeous cards, fab colour work,thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful christmas cards !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team