This week's Charisma Cardz challenge is quotes, to make a card or scrapbook page using a quote. I had a mild panic until I recieved a gorgeous box of images from Vicky. In it was the image and quote I have used. I have put them together as she looks sad (miserable as sin, according to one member of my household, and its not the girls!!) and I thought the mask linked well with the reference to closing your eyes. I think it works.

I used promarkers to colour the image and added platinum and stardust stickles. I layered some red and green ribbon and used my bow maker to tie the bow (I love this tool!!). Finally I added a crotcheted flower with a spacer and rhinestone brad, a couple of roses and prima leaves.
I am quite pleased with the outcome ... it is the first Sweet Pea image I have coloured. I was surprised at the size .. thought they were bigger! Not sure wheter they are me or not ... but then I didn't think Tilda was me when I first looked at her LOL!!
I am entering this card into this week's
Simon Says Stamp challenge, which is things with wings, My time to Craft, which is quotes, and
Sweet pea Stamps Challenge which is wonderland (as she has a mask in her hand and has wings I think she is from a wonderland!)
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sweet Pea
Colouring Media: promarkers
Papers: Basic Grey Boxer
Embellishments: from stash
13 comments:
gorgeous.. great sentiment, love these sweetpea stamps.xx
Stunning cards Cathy, all are fabulous.
Love Karen x
This is just beautiful Cathy. I love the colours you've used. Love the sentiment too.
Kat xx
stunning card and love the striking colour combo with this image.
enjoy your day.
hugs, annie x
Hi Cathy this is so beautiful I adore the red you have used on the stunning image. One of the few Sweetpeas I do not own. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale
Hi Cathy, this is just gorgeous, I love the image and the colours you've used. Great to have you crafting with us at Charisma.
xx Vee
oh this is gojjus love what you have done with the stamp hugs cheryl xxx
The red coloring is fabulous!!!
Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
-Sarah
love the colours of this card - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge this week x
Cathy your card is beautiful, i think the colour combo you have used is gorgeous
love tasha xx
Fabulous card Cathy :-) These images are growing on me I must admit ! This is very lovely :-)
thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x
A fabulous card Cathy, the colours are stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Pea Stampers.
Hugs
Debbie x
Beautiful card Cathy, your image is perfect for our challenge and your colour combo is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-
Post a Comment