Friday, 18 December 2009

Flower Power

Hurrah no more Christmas cards ... until January when I am going to try to make two a week so November and December are not such a mad rush on red and green!!!

I have made this card using the following challenges:
Colour Create - pink, burgundy, ivory, optional roses
Cute Card Thursday - aperature card
Charisma Cardz - Anything but Christmas
Totally Gorguss - Anything goes

I haven't used this image for ages, so I stamped her up, watercoloured her and cut her out. I used the sketch from Whiff of Joy (would like to show that one too, but I had an incident with the cat, stickles and an interesting pattern of glitter!!) and rotated it so I could make the oval an aperature. I added flowers and some ribbon and braid and a feather thingy I have had for ages. Inside i stamped a corner floral pattern using burgundy ink.
Here's the inside.
Today I am making Christmas cards with the children so my house will be sparkling with sequins and glitter!!

Recipe:t
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Flower Power
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Eva
Embellishments: flowers and ribbon from stash

13 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful image and colours.
luv
Debby

Pauline C said...

Wow this is gorgeous .... beautiful colour scheme and fab flowers.
Pauline x

craftymum said...

Oh Cathy this is GORJUSS!!!. Thanks for joining us at TG. Don't forget to check out the DT blogs too.
Love Sarah W XXX

Francesca said...

Fab card , wondeerful aperture
Hugs
Francesca

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,i love your image and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Allison said...

this is so cute Cathy, love the feather
Thanks for joining us at Charisma
AllisonX

cheryl said...

oh this is gojus love the colur and those swirls i really love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Sally said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

aardvarkpest said...

Gorgeous card. Love the iamge and the colours.

Glenda

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, perfect for this week's theme. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Juls said...

wow this is just STUNNING!!!!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Deanne said...

Oh my goodness Cathy - this card is just stunning! Your image looks so pretty, and I especially love the stamped flourishes! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

xx-Deanne