Saturday, 5 December 2009

Ellie's birthday card

My big little girl is 5 on Monday, so hubby has taken the girls out this morning so I can get her birthday card made.
As ever I have managed to combine a few challenges!!
Simon Say Stamp - So Charming
Friday Sketcher - sketch
Just Magnolia - a card for someone special
Charisma cardz - Dreaming of Summertime - I think the colours and papers are summery
Stamp Something - Glitzy somethings
Cute Card Thursday - Swirly Girly
Colour Create - lilac/purple, acqua, white and black
Allsorts - Purple
Magnolia Down Under - Bedazzled - I think there is sparkle on this!
I masked Tilda onto the steps and watercoloured her, before cutting her out. The dp is matted onto purple cardstock and acqua cardstock. I cut two circles out of Coredinations gemstone white cardstock and embossed one using the birthday folder and wrote Ellie on the other using a Sakura Stardust pen. I added some purple ribbon, purple gems, these gorgeous gardinia flowers which were glimmer misted and glamour dusted before having tulle added to them, and finally a princess crown charm.
To hold the image part of the easel card up, I glued and then glamour dusted a big black brad, and added some more purple ribbon.

Here's a close up of the iamge - I think she looks like my Ellie.

And here are those flowers - aren't they delish!!
Here's a pic of my two beautiful girls - don't they look angelic ... but please don't be fooled!!!

And here's my little one this time last year when she had her tonsils out - she got 49 gorgeous get well cards from you lovely bloggers ... and still looks at them and still has the cards and pictures she made with the lovely things you sent her.
We are now off to the school's Christmas fair, before getting ready for party 1 ... roast lamb for 9!!! Just hope the tin is big enough for it LOL!!!
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Tilda in Cherry dress, old steps
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Wisteria
Embellishments: flowers and tulle from Tabby Crafts, rest from stash

36 comments:

Jo Hopwood said...

They so are angelic! Mostly :-)

Hope big little girl has a lovely birthday, her present is still here.... she will get it eventually!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Cathy

this is gorgeous i'm sure Ellie will love it

thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Allison said...

she will love it its so cute
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
Allisonx

Squirrel x said...

Awh, Cathy, Ellie is going to adore this! Can't believe she is 5 already. Your masking and colouring are superb hun, magic job. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card Cathy!

Happy Birthday Ellie!
Helen x

Eiglas said...

I'm a sucker for a toddler or child - and these two are adorable!
Just love those big eyes and cute smiles......
...the card's not bad either! LOL!

Only kidding - the card is lovely but it does suffer in comparison to those beautiful daughters. Perhaps the photos should be further apart so your lovely card isn't overshadowed....!
Hugs,
Ei
x

Kim. said...

Beautiful card love the colours you used and how you masked Tilda. Enjoy your Christmas Fayre and hope Ellie has a wonderful birthday on Monday.
Kim xXx

Debs said...

Hi Cathy
This is gorgeous - love the masking and your colouring. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Hope Ellie has a great birthday on Monday.
Take care
Debs xx

Ali Watson said...

This is a fabulous card Cathy, can't believe that's a year gone by. Bless her. Enjoy your evening.

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! I LOVE those purple flowers! Great coloring too.

cats whiskers said...

Oh Cathy this is just so charming I love it and Ellie will too, OMG the girls look just angelic dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy..i love your image and colours...so gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous. Love the rhinestones and the charm is beautiful. thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Dragonlady said...

What beautiful girls you have, I know just what two girls can be like - mine are 5 and 3!!!
What a beautiful card too and I love the flowers.

Hugs Ali x

cheryl said...

oh hun what beautifl girls you have she will love it as its beautiful love cheryl xxxx

Victoria said...

It is beautiful, happy birthday Ellie xxx

Rach said...

Such a gorgeous card. hugs rachx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Cathy. I think you have everything ticked on this card - texture, a bit of glitz, beautiful papers and a fantastic image. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
Sharon & the DT

Jodie from Oz said...

Cathy, Stunning birthday card, Cherry Tilda is adorable and coloured beautifully. Hope Ellie has a wonderful birthday. Both of your girls are gorgeous and I am sure they are little angels all of the time. Thanks for joining us at MDUC and hope to see you again next time. Merry Christmas
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Debbie Pamment said...

A gorgeous card for a beautiful young lady! Fabulous layout and those flowers are magnificent!!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Sally said...

Gorgeous card! Your colors are fabulous. My Granddaughter's 5th BD party was today too! Had a blast. They are so wonderful at that age. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Vee said...

Super card with gorgeous papers and image. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Shelly said...

What a beautiful card!!! But not as beautiful as your girls. :) They are lovely. Happy birthday to Ellie!

Sue said...

Cathy, your girls are beautiful. Ellie is going to love her card. Especially that it is an easel card and she will be able to enjoy standing it up. Colors are so pretty and flowers too. Very nice.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Ellie is going to love her card Im sure with all that purple and glitter just lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia down under challenges.
Krsty x

Nadine said...

your card is so gorgeous. That image that you haved used is so cute.
Your coloring is so wonderful.
I love the card you made.
Thanks yor playing MDUC

Hugs Nadine

aardvarkpest said...

Gorgeous card. Ellie will love it.

Glenda

Lorraine A said...

Aww this card is just gorgeous Cathy ,,, and yes there is a striking resemblance between Ellie and Tilda !! The photo of your girls is beautiful ,, am sure they are as angelic as they look lol :-)
Hope you're having a fab weekend :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Charming Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols and the DT x x

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, thanks so much for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy! hope Ellie has a fabby Birthday I have her pressi here I am a bit worried to post it so will give it to you when your up next! Hope her card arrives in time too! the card you have made her is beautiful! Samantha :0)

Pauline C said...

Wow Cathy what a fabulous card - i'm sure Ellie will absolutely love it
Pauline x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful Birthday card.
luv
Debby

Gro said...

beautiful card. I love little Tilda

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

Hugs Gro.

Donalda said...

Oh this is just a beautiful card hon. Thanks so much for joining us at Just magnolia.
Your girls are just beautiful dear

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

So pretty! Love your Tilda! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

*Alison* said...

Beautiful Card... :)

~Stop by my blog and pick up your Free Digital Stamps... HUGS