Thursday, 1 May 2008

Faux stitching

Mand xxx (http://mandxxx.blogspot.com/) has got some blog candy up for grabs -


Anyhoo, what i want to see is your cards with some faux stitching on them. I'm loving faux this style o decoration at the moment but am very new to it and therefore, not very good. Add to that, the fact that i have little to no imagination, and you can see why i'm stuck in a rut with it already. I want to see how everyone else uses them.This coming Sunday night, we'll put all the names of the entrants into a hat (metaphorically speaking) and my hubby will pick out the name of a winner. By Monday morning, the winner will be announced here.So, if you'd like to enter, just comment on this post and leave a link to your card so I can view it easily.


Well I have had a easy go already, but have decided to up the anti so to speak with this card. I am going to use this card as my DoCrafts Friendship swap card this month.

I have used Tilda holding a bouquet and wwatercoloured her.
The backing papers are all from Papermania's Retro Floral pack.
The faux stitching was done using a tapestry needle and hammer to make the holes (painstaking but I like the look of the candy!!) and then a fine marker to make the stitching.
The gold peel off is an unknown!!
Hope its given you an idea or 2 Mands and that you find the buggy things easier than a tapestry needle!!


10 comments:

Alison said...

Super card just love those Tildas.

Marcie Sharp said...

That Tilda is so sweet- might have to get one myself! :) Marcie

nessy said...

what a sweet card , the stitching looks lovely!!
very cute tilda (don`t have her!!)
vanessa xx

The Cryer Family said...

This is such a cute card!!

Sue Shaw said...

Cathy - this is adorable, the stitching is perfect! Great card.
Sue.x

ella bella said...

very cute card love the stitching and the colours you hav used :) x

SueHart said...

Cute card. Really love the stitching. Works well. xx

Anonymous said...

The stitching is superb hun. Can't believe you went through all that trouble with the needle and a hammer....I'm feeling a little bit guilty now pmsl. Beautiful card though and the stitching really does look real. Gorgeous! mand xxx

My Paper World said...

Awwww! very cute! and your faux stitching looks fab!
Have a great weekend!
Nicola xx

Joy said...

A fantstic card stitching looks great x