Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Just for a friend - no challenges!!

I have made this keepsake/jewellry box for the mum of one of the children I mind ... she is a friend more than a parent who leaves her daughter with me everyday ... and she has loved the little gift boxes i have made.
I used matchboxes (the child that i married had fun setting light to the matches in the back garden!!0
and sprayed them white and then used dp to cover the fronts and sides. I used an easel card template for the top ... orignially I had planned to use a photo of the gorgeous dsughter, but ended up using a flower as the centrepiece. I do love these BG papers. and proma flowers.
I used hemp twine to open the drawers.
I decided to keep it as one layer high so 8 drawers - 4 at the front and two down each side.

hope she likes it!!

i do!!!

10 comments:

cheryl said...

wow this is so beautiful hun she will love it I am sure,gosh wonderful detail and such a wonderful gift too love cheryl xxxxxxx

Victoria said...

Stunning Cathy - what a genious way to style and easel card. Lucky lady to receive this

Victoria
x

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh, its gorgeous! What a lovely gift - bet she was well pleased!
:o)

Helen said...

It's beautiful Cathy - I'm sure she'll love it...and if not...you know where I live! ;0) lol
Helen x

Mrs Bs Blog said...

This absolutley stunning! A beautiful keepsake for all those little nik-naks. Hugs Val xxx

Pauline C said...

Wow Cathy this is very pretty - beautiful design and colorus
pauline x

Unknown said...

oh wow cathy what a brilliant idea and i am sure your friend will love it, i do.
chrissy

Caroljenks said...

Wow Cathy this is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

She will be one chuffed friend when you give her this :)

(I have one of those 'child-like' hubbys too!)

Carol x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, such a wonderful gift.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Beautiful I think your friend is gonna LOVE it I would!! so if you feel like making another!! :0) grin!!! happy new year babe! :0)