Sunday, 15 June 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge

This was a challenge in more ways than 1!

The 1st week's challenge was to use your 1st PB stamp - I can't remember!!! I have had to extensive research through my galleries on forum and the PC to work out roughly which was my 1st!!!

I think (but not 100% sure!!) that this is my 1st stamp - Spring Air. I have watercoloured the image and used gloss on the wellie to make them shine. I wasn't thinking so I glossed before I matted, so had to wait for ages while it dried - the waiting was another challenge!

I have matted the image onto orange and yellow cardstock and then onto DCWV Pocketful of Posies paper. The striped background is from a download. The quilled flowers and leaves are my own (not too bad, if I do say so myself!!) and I have doodled the stems (as I couldn't get the quilling paper to stick on its edge! (a failed challenge on my part!)). The greetings are from PBs transparencies sets, again mounted onto orange and yellow cardstock.

I love this card!! Hope you do too.



14 comments:

Victoria said...

it is fantastic, well done on the quilling, hope you are feeling better this evening x

Bev said...

Fabulous card Cathy, love the quilling!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Love the quilling.

Jo said...

ooooooo........ love it Cathy! the quilling is ace! :o)

Beth said...

Well done on the quilling, you must be very patient! Such a cute stamp too! Thanks for joining in!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice job, I have to try that quilling technique. It gives it dimension your creation.

ella bella said...

Cathy the card is gorgeous love the quilled flowers they look great well done.
thanks for joining in this weeks PBS challenge, hope you will join us again. have a great day :) x

Anonymous said...

Very nice card!

Debbie said...

Great card! Lovely quilling...well done!

Debbie x

Becky said...

Wow Cathy! what a fab card! Love the quilling and the glossy boot! You made me laugh with your 'extra' challenge!
Love Becky xx

tracie said...

fab card Cathy, your quilling is great - well done hun. Love this stamp - very cute.
Thanks for joining us at PBS Challenge, hope you'll be back.
Have a great day ;)x

Helen said...

Lovely card! The quilling is fab!

Crafting Diva said...

Thank you for visting my blog and leave your kind comment I love your design with the quilling I have tryed quilling it gives a great effect to your cards

orangedaisy said...

lovley card, so cute
x